Translate a mod

For any and all posts containing House Party translations by our users, discussing the translation system, or reporting issues with translating House Party.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Semoule_

Translate a mod

Hello everyone, sorry for my english, is not my first language ^^
So, I would like to translate different mod in French (because I'm French, yes I'm captain obvious *-*) without lost the principal language, to have the choice of languages like in the Original Story, should I create a folder ? I don't know how to do, if you can help me please.
ttant

Re: Translate a mod

To translate any Story (custom made by fans or any of the original ones) you just have to :
1. get the translation template.
For official stories, erasmus provides it generally at the same time as the official release.
For custom stories, the easiest way is to import the CS in the CSC (matching the version the CS was designed for) and export the translation template yourself.
2. translate every .txt files and make sure they're utf-8 encoded, otherwise translation won't be seen in game.
3. set the translation in the game:
For custom stories : C:\Users\**username**\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Languages
For official story, the emplacement changes. Don't know if the one used by CS can work too, in doubt: **whereever the game is installed**\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Languages
Regardless of custom/official story's state : make sure the folder of the story you translated exists.
In this folder, create a folder with the name of the translation you did (ie: french2 whill appear as-is in the language combobox in game)
4. that's it. You should be able to use your translation in gae.

Note: expect some too old CS (and some template story or some broken CS), everything that can be translated is/was already done by myself.
If you find any typo or want to propose a better translation of some sentence, i would be pleased to read your propositions on the french translation topic : https://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31