Russian translation

For any and all posts containing House Party translations by our users, discussing the translation system, or reporting issues with translating House Party.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
ttant

Re: Russian translation

If not already available in the game or here, i guess it's still a work in progress at best.
Makarov

ttant wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:58 am If not already available in the game or here, i guess it's still a work in progress at best.
Yes, I understand that. It's just been about a month. Eh, if I knew English well... Okay, I'll have to translate myself using Google translator. I even wrote a simple lua script to search for untranslated strings for me. Translated the main file and several characters, but forgot to set the "read-only" attribute =(
eekdon

Makarov wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:35 am Доброго времени суток. Как протекает прогресс перевода?
edit by ttant:
Good day. How the translation progress is?
To my knowledge, nearly finished! Should be less than a week or so.
Evil_Moderate

я начал переводить сам, в целом не сложно - но муторно. Около 20 файлов только в оригинальной истории. Переводчик лучше использовать DeepL правда он больше 5000 символов не переводит за раз.
Но перевод ближе по смыслу. Но некоторый сленг в виде 411 приходится гуглить (411 это информация потому что в Америке на этом номере была справочная) Но все же переводить в день по 2-3 персонажа тяжеловато. Потому как после перевода все равно нужно ручками довести фразы до ума. в половинах предложений используется "Ты" в остальное "Вы" что как бы ломает диалог в котором с тобой общаются как со сверстником и резко как со взрослым.. + нужно править окончания чтоб женский персонаж вдруг не стал говорить как от лица мужского пола.
Было бы быстрее перевести если бы не изменения структуры перевода. В новом некоторые ответы сместились.
И часть перевода все еще не работает корректно. (в одной игре был переведен весь инвентарь - в следующей все снова стало на английском. )
Если не заброшу - выложу свой перевод. Но буду честен. Не без матерных словцов)
Жаль что при переводе понимаешь, что уже потом не будешь играть потому что прошел игру пока переводил)))

Edit: google translated by ttant:
I started translating myself, in general, not difficult - but dreary. About 20 files in the original story alone. The translator is better to use DeepL though it does not translate more than 5000 characters at a time.
But the translation is closer in meaning. But some slang in the form of 411 has to be googled (411 is information because in America there was a reference on this issue) But still it’s hard to translate 2-3 characters a day. Because after the translation, you still need to bring the phrases to mind with pens. in half of the sentences, "You" is used, in the rest, "You", which, as it were, breaks the dialogue in which they communicate with you as with a peer and sharply as with an adult .. + you need to edit the endings so that the female character suddenly does not speak as a male.
It would be faster to translate if not for changes in the structure of the translation. In the new one, some answers have shifted.
And the translation part still doesn't work correctly. (In one game, the entire inventory was translated - in the next, everything was back in English. )
If I don't, I'll post my translation. But I'll be honest. Not without swear words)
It’s a pity that when translating, you understand that you won’t play later because you passed the game while translating)))