Email from STEAM but help/support link came here !?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
tripod

Email from STEAM but help/support link came here !?

I received an email from Steam today telling me that one of the "Screenshots" that I had uploaded was "Inappropriate" and did not meet guidelines. The link for Support brought me here !!! ?? It also stated that I was blocked until 8-26-19 from uploading content to Steam, and that the offending screenshot would be seen in my page or profile,and not in the Steam HP discussion/screenshots; but not which one it was and why, nor any other explanation. I am a little confused. That email was of course sent to the Steam User ID, which is different than it is here.

The odd thing is that I haven't played HP for over a month and checking the last uploads there is nothing that seems to stand out.

If the Dev's or one of the Mod's here or there did the Block it would really be helpful to know a what and why for future reference.
ttant

Re: Email from STEAM but help/support link came here !?

Just to be sure, change your steam password.
eekdon

Can you copy and paste as much of the generic part of the e-mail body as you are able to? This may be recorded as the "developer's site" in Steam or something like that, but we do not have control over ANY actions taken against Steam accounts.
tripod

I hope this is readable. This is the email ( I hope ) The Arrows point to the Support Team, and the assioated link to here at this forum through their external link, https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/? ... eekllc.com

Steam1.jpg
Steam1.jpg (181.56 KiB) Viewed 5940 times
tripod

I am just curious, not contesting a possible decision. It just seems odd. I can PM you with my Steam user name if needed. We did chat briefly while you were testing the new 14.4 on broadcast one day. It was fun.
eekdon

Alright, so anyone can report your content on Steam, at any time. That's something to keep in mind. I have, on a few occasions, gotten reported post (Steam Discussions, not media/community screenshots) notifications regarding posts that are many weeks old. Someone was probably trolling or was new to the screenshot section of the community and decided to make a report. This e-mail you got is most likely legitimate, if not understandably annoying. We cannot do anything about it. I did not see any notice come up about a reported screenshot...those likely go straight to Steam-level moderators. In fact I have no record of any screenshots EVER being reported, despite my status as a mod and as a Developer for House Party:

Edit: Good to know :lol: I get a kick out of broadcasting as well!
tripod

Thanks for the research into it. It is just odd that there was no mention of which one that was allegedly reported. No biggie at all just curious.

Keep up the broadcast it is fun to watch and see others run through things.
Tripod