Subtle Breathing Animation for every NPC

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Jonnyx5

Subtle Breathing Animation for every NPC

Hello, first off HP is awesome love it, kudos to the team.

During gameplay I`ve noticed that none of the character animations on the NPC`s show any kind of breathing animation. Would it be possible to add a subtle breathing animation to all the NPC`s ? Something like a simple Breath in breath out animation loop to give NPC`s the illusion of life. Does not have to be major but subtle in a way that when you are in a dialogue with anyone or observing close up you can see there is chest movement.
eekdon

Re: Subtle Breathing Animation for every NPC

A few of them should. Have you taken a close look at Rachael or Madison while they are sitting in the hot tub, for instance?
Jonnyx5

I have yes but the problem lies with the backbones of each of the NPC`s they are all static no matter what animation they are doing they appear rigid. Its most noticeable when any of the NPC`s are sat down they all look like statues only their heads move but the rest of the body does not really follow. Having a small breathing loop animation for every NPC would fix the issue.

I dont know if you have used the DAZ animation program but one of the preset animations you can use is a breathing preset which brings your characters to life when you animate them. So for example if you have a scene where your character is standing still and looking around you can add a new line to the timeline and implement the breathing animation to work with the looking around animation. Looks really good brings your NPC to life.
Last edited by Jonnyx5 on Sat May 18, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
eekdon

Ok, now that I look again, they aren't breathing as visibly as when we had first reviewed the animation.

Point taken, and good tip, thank you. We'll look into it!