Possible Model Customization Suggestion?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
kar_812

Possible Model Customization Suggestion?

First off,

Huge fan of the game! Mostly bought for ...erm... personal reasons, but quickly found that the characters had stories and fun and different trails to follow. Not to mention the interaction with each other.

That being said, when I first started the game I went after Kathrine right away (glasses=hot). But when completing her story, she looses the glasses.

Now, I do realize how much work goes into this masterpiece. But I am trying to get to is the possibility for party go-ers customization BEFORE you start the story would be a nice feature for more personal experience.

For example, the Katherine being able to keep her glasses on during intimate moments or adding glasses/hats to people, Hair styles for each person(colour might be a problem with the voice acting *spoiler* for when you do the Madison DnD mission calling out her "red head friend"), and Colour of clothes. Even to the more extreme of adding piercings(or Vickies case removing), tattoos, or pubic hair.

As I stated it could make for a more personal experience being able to tweak minor things like that for the main stories.

Thanks for reading and keep up the great work!!
eekdon

Re: Possible Model Customization Suggestion?

kar_812 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:30 am First off,

Huge fan of the game! Mostly bought for ...erm... personal reasons, but quickly found that the characters had stories and fun and different trails to follow. Not to mention the interaction with each other.

That being said, when I first started the game I went after Kathrine right away (glasses=hot). But when completing her story, she looses the glasses.

Now, I do realize how much work goes into this masterpiece. But I am trying to get to is the possibility for party go-ers customization BEFORE you start the story would be a nice feature for more personal experience.

For example, the Katherine being able to keep her glasses on during intimate moments or adding glasses/hats to people, Hair styles for each person(colour might be a problem with the voice acting *spoiler* for when you do the Madison DnD mission calling out her "red head friend"), and Colour of clothes. Even to the more extreme of adding piercings(or Vickies case removing), tattoos, or pubic hair.

As I stated it could make for a more personal experience being able to tweak minor things like that for the main stories.

Thanks for reading and keep up the great work!!
Hey thanks for the support! I feel you re: the glasses :) We've been debating customization for quite some time. I'll give you a quick rundown of two of the biggest issues regarding expanding character/overall visual customization. One is depressingly practical, the other is strictly game-related: 1) Work requirements. We have a LOT going on, and everything you described takes additional time, and I hate to say it, but therefore money. The team works very hard to release updates in a timely fashion, while also striving to make each as stable and feature-packed as possible within that limited time frame. We have to maintain a work-life balance while putting out a product that is worthy of the money and time customers have spent and meets their expectations, while also maintaining the health of the business. We've managed to do a good job in all these regards so far, and continuing to do so means additional features just need to be pushed back for future consideration or implementation. And we've got another game in the works as well, so...:phew: 2) Continuity. We love the idea of customization, but if dialogues in-game are referring to phones, glasses, or the certain way a character looks...and then those things are significantly altered...well, you see the dilemma. The game is designed around freedom, yes, but not a complete "sandbox" in every sense of the word.

That all being said we have not given up on the idea. We'll just have to revisit it when we're not face-deep in core content development and/or ironing out significant bugs.