Protagonist voice acting

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Tiger Goose

Protagonist voice acting

Hi, Eek! Games. Do you consider possibility for protagonist's dialogue lines to be voiced?
peter980

Re: Protagonist voice acting

My take on this is that I would rather not have this for several reasons.

1) Player character is extension of player, a blank state, and it would be weird to have a voice.
It would be a totally different thing if it is well established character. Like playing Larry from Leisure Suit games

2) It would increase the budget and maybe reduce interactivity, due to less dialogue options present.
cesidio

I think it is a bad idea because they are already aiming to a customizable player, so a customizable player is supposed to choose many voices and seems to much work.
Game already has new characters to work, there is little space for real gameplay issues or new animations but they still deliver sometimes (for example they are introducing the flaccid penis mechanic that is new gameplay, hope will work with a lapdance system in the future lol) with the new characters there will be more bugs to solve and quests to give so new voices could be a mess: main character can be a man or a woman and speak with every character!
eekdon

Voice acting for the protagonist is highly unlikely for the foreseeable future. At minimum we're already looking at a male and female character, and if we start getting into customization then that is a slippery slope that demands a LOT when it comes to fully 3D characters with reflections, etc. to deal with. Throwing in voice is another layer of work and cost.