What do you think, which characters need to be expanded upon?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
peter980

What do you think, which characters need to be expanded upon?

All recent updates since 0.9.3 where focused on expanding existing characters.

What do you think, which characters now need more to be expanded upon?

Here is my take, in no order of preference.

1) Brittney. Since we do have side story with her, we do know based on info in both Original Story and Date with Brittney story (if cannon) that she must be "bi". In Original story, she is pretty much just story object for other characters, but you still get a lot of information about her. Also she seems to fancy Amy and Stephanie. Additionally, for the consistency stake, there needs to be an ending when you do ask Brittney for the date, and she accepts. Right?
2) Rachael. The thing with Rachael is that player character barely knows anything about her, exempt that she is friend with Vickie and does dares with her. Only involvement with her is long tedious quest chain that does lead to fun little trickery, but removes Vickie from the party. I really think she needs some more "romantic" path where player character can actually get to know her.
3) Amy. Her scavenger end path lacks any real epilogue. It just ends (in friendzone?). Maybe tie it with expansion of Vickie story that is planned for the end game? Or whatever expansion of content is done with Brittney (maybe Amy realized that she has feeling for other girls?)
f0lkh3r099

Re: What do you think, which characters need to be expanded upon?

Definitely Rachael needs the most expansion, IMO.

Derek, Frank, and Patrick all have a good amount of content, especially considering they're the male characters (and let's be honest, not the main focus of the game).

Ashely, Stephanie, Madison, and Amy all got whole patches "devoted" to them with lots of content. They've all got a reasonable of content playing roles in quests for other characters too.

Vickie and Katherine don't have quite as much content.... but they have large roles in other characters quests.

Rachael is just kinda.... there. She's not really needed in any other quests, and she's honestly kinda forgettable as you have to choose between doing her content or bringing Vickie in. (Side note.... we really could use an alternate route for getting Vickie to the party without cutting out Rachael).

Hopefully Rachael is the focus for the next patch, or atleast giving her a little attention.
Jimothy

I'd agree that Rachael could use some expansion. If she's adventurous, perhaps she'd engage in a dare competition with the player.
eekdon

We can't promise any specific additions to existing characters as we've gotta focus on closing in on a final release, but keep the ideas coming! We can always use your perspective for tweaking endings, character behaviors, using ideas for new characters, or for possible post-release patches or content updates :D
cesidio

Final release means Office Party after that?
Characters and their quest are already good for now, I hope to see more animations from Witcher team.
Darksaint

I agree that Rachael needs some extention, she is really cute but the fact that you literally have only two options with her is sad: Either you bang that hottie or you get Vickie to join the party. Actually there should be a way to send out both spoofed messages too, Vickie seems to be hat kind of person who would like the kind of things you do with Rachael
RoadWulf

It would be nice if every character had at least 2 paths to go down.

I think honestly the biggest victim in this game is Brittney. She is not given any kind of story in the Original Game. She's a story gate, just like Frank. No actual plot or reward of her own, just a quest line helper for everyone else she interacts with.

Her only current purposes are:
Part of Madison's Social Butterfly
Part of Ashley's Smooth Operator
Part of Amy's Scavenger Hunt
masterspanker

I am kind of resurrecting a dead topic here, but I can't begin to state how much I agree with the above. Even with the latest patches (I can't talk for anything in the alpha build though) some characters appear to be just there without much purpose other than assisting other characters stories. I am not exactly sure about Rachael (she still needs some expanding as well, but how much, I cannot tell), but Brittney definitely needs to be expanded. She needs her own story. (which she lacks at the moment)

Since she is a bi character, one would think she would be the key character for a threeway. (Or maybe even fourway. I am pretty sure Vicky would be down with that.)
ttant

masterspanker wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:58 ambut Brittney definitely needs to be expanded. She needs her own story. (which she lacks at the moment)
In fact, she has her own story, it's called "date night with brittney" :mrgreen:
peter980

I think Rachael is fine now, after 0.13.x that did a lot.

At least until Good Girls Gone Bad opportunity with Vickie gets implemented, which will probably expand on all characters, including Rachael.

But Brittney needs something. Either at the end of Scavenger Hunt or as alternative path with new content.