Logged into Steam now Required?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Eastman

Logged into Steam now Required?

I decided to give the new update a try and was disappointed to see that it refuses to run without Steam being logged in. It will simply close after the new "disclaimer" page and attempt to start Steam. Reverting to a previous version fixes this issue, so I suspect it is a (hopefully unintended) side effect of the new achievements feature.
eekdon

Re: Logged into Steam now Required?

Eastman wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 am I decided to give the new update a try and was disappointed to see that it refuses to run without Steam being logged in. It will simply close after the new "disclaimer" page and attempt to start Steam. Reverting to a previous version fixes this issue, so I suspect it is a (hopefully unintended) side effect of the new achievements feature.
It's..."intended" just not something we want to force on people. We're working on "unlinking" the .exe so that when run from Steam you get all the Steam benefits, achievement availability, etc., but run from the .exe directly, it will at least run standalone without trying to launch Steam (no achievements sync'd to Steam though). We are not 100% sure how this will go, but we'll provide further updates as we move forward.