House Party Closing after Launching from Steam OR Being Unable to Alt-Tab OR Cannot Bind Opportunity/Inventory Keys

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

House Party Closing after Launching from Steam OR Being Unable to Alt-Tab OR Cannot Bind Opportunity/Inventory Keys

If you are not having either of the exact issues listed above (or do not have the game on Steam), then this post does not pertain to you:

Anyone having either of the above issues, please go to Steam, find House Party in your Library, right click on it, select Properties. Then once the Properties window appears, go to Betas. Please select "testing" from the dropdown list, and then hit Close (no code is needed). Your game should update to a testing version (it will show the word "testing" next to House Party in your library) we have active right now that includes changes that hopefully will fix these issues for you.

Note that once we confirm that this testing branch helps folks out (without causing more issues), we will push the update "Live" and you should swap back to the NONE options in the Beta tab. Be advised that at no point do beta/testing branches on Steam contain extra content or anything like that; they exist purely for this purpose or in the case of older game versions, to roll back the game version for using old saves or old custom stories.

UPDATE: we added a few more tweaks to the "testing" branch a few minutes ago that should actually let the fixes work for ALL users. Please let the game update again via the "testing" branch/beta selection and then play the most recent update. You may also need to reconfigure your in-game graphics settings due to the changes we implemented. Thank you.
RoughNut

Re: House Party Closing after Launching from Steam OR Being Unable to Alt-Tab OR Cannot Bind Opportunity/Inventory Keys

I tried the going to properties in steam and selecting the testing from the list and had testing next to House Party .
It made no difference to me after the warning i get music start then closes back to desktop .
I have not been able to play the game since the warning was put in .
Any help to get the game playable again would be most welcome.
eekdon

Re: House Party Closing after Launching from Steam OR Being Unable to Alt-Tab OR Cannot Bind Opportunity/Inventory Keys

RoughNut wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:26 pm I tried the going to properties in steam and selecting the testing from the list and had testing next to House Party .
It made no difference to me after the warning i get music start then closes back to desktop .
I have not been able to play the game since the warning was put in .
Any help to get the game playable again would be most welcome.
I believe you e-mailed me. We can continue working on the issues you've been experiencing via e-mail. Just an FYI for anyone else seeing this post, there is no current benefit to being in a testing branch or any other Beta branch on Steam *other than* reverting back to older game versions for the sake of playing older custom stories or save-games.