VR Support

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Ashley_fan

VR Support

I have recently bought a Vive and have been playing around with various games. I think House Party would be perfect for a VR port. After having played other VR games i would almost say you had VR in mind when the game was developed?

You already have a first person view and you can interact with items using the hands. The game has good enough graphics to pull it off.

As you run unity it is possible to replace the main camera with a VR headset and you are already in VR. The only other issues i see that you would need to do is to map the Vive controllers to the keys and mouse movements and sort out player movement in the game.

Moving sideways and backwards will give you motion sickness, or at least it does me. What I would do is for instance use the left control trigger to walk forward and the and use your body (headset) turn so you only move in the direction of the body. Then have an option to toggle on a teleport movement for people who prefer this. (Like movement works in Fallout VR except with free movement in only one direction)

If you do not want to create a VR version of House Party, mapping the Vive controllers would be good as well so you can play House Party on the big screen in the VR headset. (or make it possible for players to map keys to controllers in general)

If you do release a VR version, i would be willing to buy the House Party again in a VR version.

Thanks

Ashley_fan
Ashley_fan
eekdon

Re: VR Support

It's something that's much further along in our development plans, but we're very aware that customers want to play HP via VR. We will most likely create a VR port and offer it as a separate product. In terms of controls and overall "feel", that's something a bit more detailed, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.