Motion Sickness - new graphics

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Titus_Draconius

Motion Sickness - new graphics

Hello! Firstly, thanks everyone for their hard work. Things seem to be progressing in an impressive manner.

I have a strange problem though.

I played all the previous updates without any problems, but the latest update (steam 0.9.3)...well...makes me sick. Literally.

Not sure why this is possible but I think the culprit may be because there is a slight screen tearing anytime you turn the view/camera now. Vsync is turned on. Again not sure why I get motion sickness but it's intensified anytime I move the mouse to look around basically. Last time this happened was when I tried Daggerfall couple of months ago.

Anyways there is my weird problem. Any useful input would be appreciated.
eekdon

Re: Motion Sickness - new graphics

Hello, sorry to hear that! Have you tried turning off the Motion Blur option in the in-game graphics options?

What are your PC specs? If you are experiencing tearing without VSYNC on, you must be able to push a LOT of frames on your current graphics settings. Perhaps turn down the in-game FPS limiter? If you turn down the FPS limiter to what your monitor is capable of displaying (usually 60, 120, or 144) you will generally not need VSYNC.
Titus_Draconius

Thanks for the reply. My system is 970 gtx i5 4690 8gb ram win 10.

Vsync was strangely always a problem with me in other modern games as well and had to toggle it to avoid it.

I experimented with motion blur but honestly I was fine with it before and didn't cause something like this in earlier iterations.

I want to try the fps limiter thing though. It's set on 60 but let's see what happens. Worst case scenario I can donwgrade some settings and see how it works I guess.

I have a feeling that there isn't much anyone can do besides playing with options/settings, but I guess I was a bit curious about what could have changed from 0.8.8 to cause this.

Thanks again though!

(Edit: Playing around with field of view and limiting fps to 45 seems to have had a positive impact.)
eekdon

Titus_Draconius wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am Thanks for the reply. My system is 970 gtx i5 4690 8gb ram win 10.

Vsync was strangely always a problem with me in other modern games as well and had to toggle it to avoid it.

I experimented with motion blur but honestly I was fine with it before and didn't cause something like this in earlier iterations.

I want to try the fps limiter thing though. It's set on 60 but let's see what happens. Worst case scenario I can donwgrade some settings and see how it works I guess.

I have a feeling that there isn't much anyone can do besides playing with options/settings, but I guess I was a bit curious about what could have changed from 0.8.8 to cause this.

Thanks again though!

(Edit: Playing around with field of view and limiting fps to 45 seems to have had a positive impact.)
No problem, glad to hear there's at least a partial remedy! You aren't by any chance referring to the blurriness/trails that tend to follow characters sometimes, are you? If so that is specifically an issue with the AA implementation at this time, and can be fixed by disabling AA in the graphics menu.
ttant

Titus_Draconius wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 amPlaying around with field of view
That does the trick fro me when i change my 19" screen to 27". ;)