Genital Area Skin Resolution

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
MajorDong

Genital Area Skin Resolution

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but I have a minor criticism to make about the female model skins around their privates - specifically the small inner area of their upper thighs that are closest to their pussies. For me at least, their skins in these areas seem to noticeably appear like stretched-out jpegs (Yes, even the 4K textures!), giving their skin a real "streaky" appearance and making the visuals feel sort of like your staring into some weird twilight zone wormhole with a pussy at the end of it.

In any other game, this wouldn't be an issue with a character model. But considdering the nature of House Party - more specifically, considdering the fact that getting to go down on a girl is supposed to feel like a major accomplishment, the surreal streaks radiating out from their pussies takes you out of the moment a little bit.

I'm not a pro with 3D CGI or anything, but I believe you can create more detailed texturing in an area of a 3D model by dividing them into more micropolygons in that area? It might be something worth considdering for a future update, to make the cunnilingus visuals more human and more immersive.

Perhaps another/related idea might be to make it so that the game automatically switches a girl's skin when you go down on her (and then switches back when you're finished), so that you can get a high-res skin for her crotch area when you've got that ultra-closeup view, but also so that those hi-res skins aren't chewing up system resources for the majority of the game, when that level of detail won't be needed.
eekdon

Re: Genital Area Skin Resolution

We'll see what we can do, but this is something we likely won't touch upon until a later QOL release, assuming we can get to it for House Party at all. Model fidelity (including anatomical specifics) is something we'll improve upon in Office Party, for sure.
deerharsh

Re: Genital Area Skin Resolution

The quality of the 3D graphics absolutely needs to be improved.