Looks like the gamejolt version is being killed ...

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
nemo569

Looks like the gamejolt version is being killed ...

I just received a Email from Gamejolt that House Party will be gone by the end of 2022.

In case you will provide keys for another page, please don't just hand out Steam keys.
I am sure that I am not the only one who prefers to have his games on DRM free platforms like itch.io.

And who knows, maybe you make it to GOG? They added more adult games lately. House Party would be a nice addition.
badjolt

Re: Looks like the gamejolt version is being killed ...

It would be nice to get some guidance from the dev on where customers who bought this game on GameJolt will be able to obtain updates after the end of this year.

I agree with you I have no interest in adding this game to my Steam library.
Nineblood

Yeah, same here. Hopefully they have some sort of option soon. I cant even download the game through gamejolt it just fails the download everytime :(
nemo569

Nineblood wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:16 pm Yeah, same here. Hopefully they have some sort of option soon. I cant even download the game through gamejolt it just fails the download everytime :(
Try again later. Most likely a lot of people have the same idea as you, causing a lot of stress to the servers. There is no rush, we still have about 360 days to go.
Edit: Just now I tried out of curiosity, I had no problem at all, the game was on my HD within 3 minutes.
eekdon

We're aware of what GameJolt has done and are discussing it internally. That's all I can say with certainty at this time.
Broozer

Hi there. Have not been here for ages. I came here to post about Gamejolt where I bought the game from being prudes and deleting all adult content but others already beat me to it. Only noticed it last night. I don't even have a steam account so if you come up with another alternative way to get game updates or transfer our purchase records somewhere else when it leaves Gamejolt it would be good to get a heads up about it. Don't wan't to have to buy it again as I have also been paying a small patreon for a long time. All adds up after a while. Thanks.
eekdon

We have a promising resolution for those upset by GameJolt's recent decision, but we're just putting the final touches on a process to deliver that resolution and working out some details with GameJolt themselves before we can share more.
eekdon

For any GameJolt customer upset by or worried about their ability to play the uncensored version they paid for, please come to our Discord server and go to the #create-ticket channel, then Create a Ticket. Our mods and Community Management Team can try and directly address your concerns there. Finagling something for ya might take a few days, but we'll do our best to ensure you have full access to all the crazy party shit you paid for!

Discord Server link:
https://discord.com/invite/eekgames

Once you've joined go to this channel. It's near the bottom of the channel list under "Support Center":
#create-ticket
Click on the Create Ticket button and tell us how we can help.
nemo569

Can you post an update, once you decided if and how to proceed?

I am not on discord (yet), all I need to know is if a DRM free version (or better: not bound to Steam) will be made available to gamejolt buyers and if so, how we can get it.
eekdon

nemo569 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 pm Can you post an update, once you decided if and how to proceed?

I am not on discord (yet), all I need to know is if a DRM free version (or better: not bound to Steam) will be made available to gamejolt buyers and if so, how we can get it.
We've already decided how to proceed. See my previous response.