Looks like the gamejolt version is being killed ...

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
badjolt

Re: Looks like the gamejolt version is being killed ...

Like @nemo569 I'm not on Discord either.

@eekdon you haven't really answered the question (or at least, I'm a bit confused) - are you expecting ALL customers who bought on Jolt to open individual support tickets with you on Discord? Wouldn't this be something better addressed by proactively reaching out to those users? (All we really need is a password-protected download link for new versions).

Can anyone who's already opened a ticket share what "Finagling something for ya" translated to?
ttant

badjolt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:38 pmare you expecting ALL customers who bought on Jolt to open individual support tickets with you on Discord?
Gamejolt is not eek and i'm pretty sure gamejolt doesn't want to provide the name of all HP buyers to anyone (even game designer), due to some privacy policies/rules in place. I'm also pretty sure that eek only get cash for all sold game and that's all.
So I guess, yes. That may be the only way to make sure buyers get what they paid for (uncensored version with free update).

Discord is a well known and used platform for editor to communicate with their community.

Next parts only reflect my pov, not the eek team one.

I agree that only discord may be annoying for people who doesn't use it and may be hard to use. But multiple way means multiple source to check, especially if you have to track the uniqueness of request (i mean check that discord request also sent by email is already done to avoid providing multiple copies for the same original purchase).

Also, feel lucky, some other editor could have done nothing about situation like that.
And by that, i mean you bought the uncensored version. the reseller decides to go against its word and only sell the censored version fro now on.
Game editor could perfectly don't care about what the reseller does, so you (i mean the buyer) got screwed and can do nothing about that expect whining in your corner.
eekdon

badjolt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:38 pm Like @nemo569 I'm not on Discord either.

@eekdon you haven't really answered the question (or at least, I'm a bit confused) - are you expecting ALL customers who bought on Jolt to open individual support tickets with you on Discord? Wouldn't this be something better addressed by proactively reaching out to those users? (All we really need is a password-protected download link for new versions).

Can anyone who's already opened a ticket share what "Finagling something for ya" translated to?
Yes, customers will need to approach us, as we are not GameJolt. We had absolutely nothing to do with this decision, do not have access to their customer records, do not collect any data on users of the application, do not have the infrastructure in place to implement a secure and abuse-resistant mass key distribution solution, and so forth. We provide binaries/builds for GJ to distribute, provide banner/thumbnail images and text or update notes as needed for the sales page that they otherwise manage, and then get paid our cut when sales are made. That's it.

This is the best solution we can offer for a censorship action that we had no hand or say in.
nemo569

I was actually thinking of classic email support. Live chats (or whatever it is that discord is using) are not really helpful if people live spread around the world.
Anyway, I sent a ticket with my order confirmation about an hour ago, waiting for the answer now.

@ttant About the "only sell the censored version". Thanks for the info, the email I got from Gamejolt a few weeks ago implied that the game would be gone from Gamejolt completely. Today I saw that I could download the uncensored version and that a second option was there to buy the censored version.
If you keep uploading the uncensored version to Gamejolt as well and it will stay available for owners, it might not be necessary to change anything.