Uploading a custom story

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Orintangio

Uploading a custom story

How does one upload a custom story when using steam? I don't know what steam uses to launch HouseParty?
ttant

Re: Uploading a custom story

There is no correlation between the platform providing the game and the custom story.

Either you use in-game feature to install custom story or you install it manually in your documents folder.
This goes the same for all platforms (steam, gamejolt, patreons, etc.)
Orintangio

Any instructions on setting up an in-game feature? I didn't know that was an option.
eekdon

There is no in-game functionality for uploading a custom story. Only for downloading/installing/updating.

To upload a custom story, use this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
Orintangio

When I try to upload, I get this error:

Status: Failed to save story. A story with the name 'HotStory' already exists. This portal is for story creators to upload their stories. If you want to play one of these stories, you can simply download it in game!
ttant

The message is pretty obvious to me. Just change your custom story name as this name is already taken my another one !
Orintangio

Except that it is MY story name. I am the original author.
peter980

Please check with erasmus.

As I said in another thread this is probably since someone else uploaded your story last year in March.

One option is either for devs to delete that upload or change ownership to you.

IMHO, if it could change ownership it would be win/win, since in that case, you would keep download numbers and ratings.
hpstories.jpg
hpstories.jpg (164.24 KiB) Viewed 4144 times
Orintangio

Interesting... I have no idea how different this author's version is from mine. I would think that if someone uses your story to begin their own story that they should change their story to something different though.
peter980

I doubt it was modified. Probably whatever you had done up to that point in time.