Steam Deck availeble?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
DaneWolf

Steam Deck availeble?

Here's a valid question I think. Is House Party availeble in the Steam Deck or is it only certain games that are?
ttant

Re: Steam Deck availeble?

Due to the engine used (i mean the 3d enviornment), i'm not sure the deck can handle it.

From what i read about hardware configuration, the cpu and gpu part seems a little short.
And linux + proton framework to handle windows game looks a nogo for me. But one (french) article says that all game from the steam catalogue are compliant (https://www.journaldugeek.com/dossier/s ... -de-valve/). Another nuance that with only the ones NOT using windows-only built-in anti-cheat system (https://www.pcmag.com/news/steam-deck-g ... t-software)

But again, this is only my opinion at the time and might not be the reality.
You may need to wait for erasmus or markiez reply just to be sure

Wait'n'see :mrgreen:
peter980

I guess it could be playable after properly working controller support is added to the game.
It would probably work with reduced graphics details.
f0lkh3r099

peter980 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:09 pm I guess it could be playable after properly working controller support is added to the game.
It would probably work with reduced graphics details.
It should work. I have a different handheld pc (gpd win max) which should be significantly weaker than the Steam Deck (we haven't seen IRL performance metrics yet), and it can run house party at lower graphical settings and 30fps. The biggest hold-up was the controller support being iffy atm, so I wasn't able to play very far.