Size and Scale

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
TheDude

Size and Scale

I never really paid it much mind until I started playing around with House Party in VR using VORPX. All the characters are tiny; really tiny. Compared to other VR games like VR Paradise; the characters are not life size.

VORPX out of the equation, and inside the normal game, if a doorway is 80" tall and the Ceilings are 8'. Then Ashley is about 4'10" tall and her hips are 12" wide. Other objects in the house do not appear to be full scale either.

In VORPX, the characters look pretty good if I scale everyone up by a factor of 1.117 This could be a VORPX thing too; don't know, haven't tried it on anything else yet.

So if you are going to do a VR version; this may be an issue..or not. I bring it up just in case its a problem.
ttant

Re: Size and Scale

According to their own support site :
Games look zoomed in, field of view (FOV) is too low.

For the best experience in VR the field of view has to be higher than for playing on a monitor. vorpX offers a variety of options to deal with this. What can be done varies from game to game. For details please check the Essential Game Hints guide in the vorpX help.
Have you try to change the FOV in game ?
TheDude

ttant wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:23 pm According to their own support site :
Games look zoomed in, field of view (FOV) is too low.

For the best experience in VR the field of view has to be higher than for playing on a monitor. vorpX offers a variety of options to deal with this. What can be done varies from game to game. For details please check the Essential Game Hints guide in the vorpX help.
Have you try to change the FOV in game ?
Yep, I messed around with FOV in game right off the bat and it's basically a zoom feature. In VORPX, FOV of 45 - everything does appear larger looking outward but when you look down your body is that of a dwarf. A FOV of 75 - everything appears smaller looking outward and when looking down your body appears more normal in length.

I'n VORPX I'm using FOV 75 and manually rescaling the characters including "player" up 1.117. Looks pretty good. The light fixture near the liquor cabinet hangs a tad low. The master bed may be a tad short; I think they still fit on it ok.

Scalesize 1.117 brings Ashley from around 4' 10" to about 5' 5" tall.
Scalesize 1.117 brings Patrick from around 5' 4" to about 5' 11.5" tall.

I've been using the doorway from the kitchen near the liquor cabinet as a reference. I believe it is the correct height 80 inches and it's almost 2'9" wide.
eekdon

Interesting observation; we'll keep this in mind.