Achievements on non-Steam versions

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
menucharge

Achievements on non-Steam versions

I'd love to buy House Party from Steam, but it isn't available for me since I'm from Germany. I had a look at the Gamejolt version, but if I understand the product page correctly (never bought anything there), this version does not implement achievements, although Gamejolt has a Trophy API as well.

Because the Steam achievements actually look like fun - are there any plans to port them to other ecosystems, e.g. Gamejolt? It really should not be difficult to search and replace the Steam Achievement API calls with the Gamejolt ones, or not?

This currently keeps me from buying the game as I'd like to be able to have achievements...
eekdon

Re: Achievements on non-Steam versions

Currently there are no plans to expand the Achievements system but we can discuss it and look into what it might take.
menucharge

That would be great. I don't even really care how and where they are stored, it would also be okay for me if they'd be just stored in-game within some menu, as long as they are tracked and I know which ones I'm missing.
chimneyfish

I'd like to second this suggestion. A way to look at achievements in game would be cool, especially if it supported achievements created in custom stories...
peter980

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:00 am I'd like to second this suggestion. A way to look at achievements in game would be cool, especially if it supported achievements created in custom stories...
+1 to this
eekdon

We've had a ticket open for this for awhile. We'll certainly see what we can do, if time allows!
menucharge

Any updates on this one?
eekdon

It's still on our radar; we've just got a lot going on related to in-game content. Both this and an in-game Achievement Browser are recorded in our internal ticket system. I just cannot offer any confirmations or ETAs at this time.
menucharge

I have now bought the game via Gamejolt and it's truly great.

Still bummed about the achievements. I wonder if they are even tracked at all when not using Steam? In the Appdata folder I only found the savegame files, but no file that would track achievements which I could read out. Am I correct in this?

Maybe saving of achieved achievements to a simple text file could be included for next stable release? Should obviously be comparatively easy to integrate. This would allow people like me to read out achievements immediately, and more importantly would prepare the game for an eventual later integration of an achievement browser as achievements are starting to get tracked as soon as possible.