v0.15.5 ... now that almost a month has passed

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
nemo569

v0.15.5 ... now that almost a month has passed

Just as an info, when does "All customers on all platforms will receive this update, provided that you do not have connection issues to our server. Some fixes will only be apparent upon starting a fresh game." happen?
I tried to delete all the data in AppData\LocalLow\Eek and my user directory to force an update, then started a new game, still my GameJolt version shows "0.15.4"

I could not find any evidence for a failed server connection in the log ("Downloaded latest story files from the server successfully!")
ttant

Re: v0.15.5 ... now that almost a month has passed

"Downloading latest story files" is in fact the stories files, not the game engine.

I don't know how gamejolt works. You may have to log back on theirs server and download the game again to get the latest game version, if they don't provide a way to update games.
nemo569

Yes, I know. But it also means that the game was able to reach the server.
And the post explicitly mentions "our" servers, not the platform servers.
"provided that you do not have connection issues to our server" that implies that the game updates automatically, platform independent.

Game Jolt offers direct download. The game is avaiable as ZIP file. But the latest version avaiable is 0.15.4 posted on October 10.

"All customers on all platforms will receive this update"
If the game can't downlod updates automatically, that didn't happen for almost 4 weeks now.

That's why I am asking when it will happen.
peter980

It depends on the type of update.

If you are on 0.15.4, all story updates from 0.15.4 will be fetched from the server.

If you are on 0.15.5, all story updates from 0.15.5 will be fetched from the server.

So you did got all story hotfixes for 0.15.4, but not 0.15.5 update itself.
ttant

I think (s)he means that gamejolt doesn't propose 0.15.5 version, only the 0.15.4. This might be an issue erasmus can look at.
nemo569

@ peter980 Yes, I would assume as much, but it was worth a try. And I did so, because "all platforms" does not include all platforms.
@ ttant yep, that's what I meant, thanks. I should have left out the story about what I tried and what not.

If there is still any misunderstanding:
"All customers on all platforms will receive this update, provided that you do not have connection issues to our server."
At the moment customers who bought on Gamejolt (and according to my informations GameJolt counts as platform) don't get the update.
https://gamejolt.com/games/eekgames/239616

I am just waiting for it to happen and since a month has passed, I wanted to ask WHEN it will happen.

To clarify it: I don't nead explanations how what works. A release date or instructions how I can get the update via GameJolt NOW will do.
eekdon

I'm looking into what might be going on with the GameJolt 0.15.5 update. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
eekdon

nemo569 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:08 am I tried to delete all the data in AppData\LocalLow\Eek and my user directory to force an update, then started a new game, still my GameJolt version shows "0.15.4"
What do you mean by this? Where specifically are you seeing "0.15.4"?
peter980

That gamejolt link above shows option to buy 0.15.4 version of game.
eekdon

Right, I don't do the upload so was wondering if the client/title screen said 0.15.4 or 0.15.5.

In any case it looks like the upload was corrupted and we did not get notified. We'll have to build and upload to Game Jolt again, which we'll do ASAP.