NPCs Caught Having Sex + others

Requests for new Custom Stories or discussion of your new Custom Story ideas.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
snippy64

NPCs Caught Having Sex + others

1. Would like to see a trigger when you catch 2 NPC's being intimate. Right now enters vicinity/vision don't fire, and Caught Having Sex only seems to apply to them catching the PC in the act.

2. Would also be nice to copy/paste events. I end up having to make strip/post-orgasm events for all of the characters, which gets cumbersome. And to tie onto that...

3. Have a "Me" target for some of the event triggers and gave events where appropriate. If I want to take everyone's shoes off (it's a house party, not a barn party) and disable roaming, it's a pain to copy/paste/customize. I.e. if I create a Game Starts event for Katherine, and I have a game event for Dancing:Skill equals 12, it would be nice if it defaulted to 'Selected' or 'Me'.
eekdon

Re: NPCs Caught Having Sex + others

snippy64 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:26 am 1. Would like to see a trigger when you catch 2 NPC's being intimate. Right now enters vicinity/vision don't fire, and Caught Having Sex only seems to apply to them catching the PC in the act.

2. Would also be nice to copy/paste events. I end up having to make strip/post-orgasm events for all of the characters, which gets cumbersome. And to tie onto that...

3. Have a "Me" target for some of the event triggers and gave events where appropriate. If I want to take everyone's shoes off (it's a house party, not a barn party) and disable roaming, it's a pain to copy/paste/customize. I.e. if I create a Game Starts event for Katherine, and I have a game event for Dancing:Skill equals 12, it would be nice if it defaulted to 'Selected' or 'Me'.
1. Should be possible already. A quick event to set it up and another periodic to check for the "catch" worked fine for me, and any event should be able to replace the displaygamemessage and fire: https://imgur.com/a/4kkXFNB I just tested this and it works perfectly fine for me strafing in and out of vision at a reasonable pace. It stops the showing the displaygamemessage when appropriate, and restarts the messages when I move back into vision. And this is just one, super quick and dirty way of doing it.

2. You can copy and paste events already. There is a little C next to the - for events, which you can see in my screenshot above for the displaygamemessage event. You cannot copy entire event triggers though, or criteria, or some other things I'll admit would be very handy for speeding up story creation through the editor. We'll be working on that for a future update.

3. Yeah, possible, but that's subjective (unless I am grossly misunderstanding). You can already hit the 'k' key when the dropdown is opened and it will automatically populate Katherine as the character and close the dropdown. The only characters (and this applies to dropdowns in general) this doesn't apply to are characters that start with the same name. What you're suggesting makes sense but it would at other times be inconvenient, when you can already, for instance, mouse click then 'k' key for Katherine, or mouse click then single tap 'p' and then Enter for Patrick. This approach makes it MUCH faster to scroll through dialogues as well (as long as you don't overshoot and re-cycle through a list) as you can just hold '(' and rapidly move through the list much faster than if you held that little down arrow. Admittedly there's room for improvement, but in some ways we're going to be limited by Unity and in other ways by the varying (in volume and type of) feedback we receive, weighed against what works developmentally.

For now your example is best tackled (assuming you know what you need for a lot of characters or dialogues, etc., by making many "holders" for this event-to-be-copied (as in reserved spots, blank event triggers, w/e you want to call them) and then making a single event that as closely matches your needs as possible, and copying that event to all your "holders". This copies over the event itself and its criteria, then all you need to do is go through the copy-pasted events, click the name field, hit 'k', or 'f', etc., and quickly fix them all for each "holder"/character. You could also play with scripts themselves. Anything that doesn't rely on an ID is generally safe to copy-paste around a script file.

Long term your example would be best tackled by us actually handling bulk actions much, much better. It's in our to-do- list!