A Few Requests

Requests for new Custom Stories or discussion of your new Custom Story ideas.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
MajorDong

A Few Requests

These first two may already be part of the CSC, but as far as I'm aware, their not. If they are available, I'd appreciate some direction on where to find these features

1. Gender Lock
With the release of the female player character immanent, I think CSC creators will need some way of locking their stories (if they so choose) so that they can only be played as one gender or the other. Otherwise, you'll very quickly wind up with stories that become utterly absurd when the player selects the wrong gender at the start. Stories where you've got the female NPCs complimenting a female player on her enormous dick, ect.

2. Using Console Commands
The CSC is very powerful. But still, there are a few things that you can do in-game with console commands that you can't do (as far as I know) with the CSC. Things like timescale and bodypart, which seems to offer more control over altering a character's proportions than the limited commands in the CSC which do the same sort of thing. It'd be great if we could write console commands into our stories.

This could also be used as a matter of convienience. For example, stripping everyone in-game is so easy! "clothing all 0 all off"! It's considerably more cumbersome to do the same thing in a CSC EventTrigger.

3. Add An Option For Patrick To Have A Normal Dick
Okay, yeah, the first time we see Patrick without his pants, that little sardine-sized pecker is hilarious. And it works so well for the douchey Original Story Patrick.

But the game's only got 3 male NPCs who are usable in sex scenes; so if a story writer wants to use his avatar for a character that's meant to be taken seriously, that kind of limits them a bit. Especially when he, or another character, starts jerking himself off and there's a full inch of clearance between their hand and his cock.

4. Adjustable Timing For The FadeIn and FadeOut Effects
I'd love to be able to control the timing for the fades. Slow fades can do so much to set the tone of a scene.

5. Multiple Simultaneous Instances Of A Character
Shamelessly inspired by this post by Danlancelot.

How is this not already a thing? The implications are obvious: twins! :P :P :P :P :P :P

Twins, Basil! TWINS!
peter980

Re: A Few Requests

I support all of this.

Especially #1 and #3, which do not seem difficult to implement.
pedja2

My 2 cents:
Can be done already: Checking for gender at start and triggering a game over screen is trivial.

timescale and bodypart are almost the only ones that can't be done in CSC, thing like bodysize and ikreach are already in CSC. I must say I would like bodypart to be there, timescale... meh, maybe for dramatic effect? But I think it should be implemented individually and not as console commands. events can be reused and used recursively as much as you want.
Taking your example for stripping characters, I would probably already have events for stripping each clothing piece for each character, and events that call those for stripping each character completly, another event that calls the last ones to strip all of them wouldn't be a problem. It depends what story your are creating but I think in most elaborated stories it would be like that.

I agree, maybe changing dick size like breast size could be implemented, or like the arternatve clothing for some girls, I don't know, but I like the idea.

4#
Yes, but I don't know if it is a hardcoded cutscene, in which case it may be more difficult than it seems.

5#
Again something I would also like but I don't know how difficult it would be. It seems that right now characters themselves are hardcoded in the game, to make this posible they would probably need to change the aproach and have characters generate dinamically from the story files and have the ability in csc to tell which model corresponds to each character.
I, obviously have no idea how the game is coded and how much would need to be changed to achieve this but, potentially, a lot.
MajorDong

pedja2 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:11 pm My 2 cents:
Can be done already: Checking for gender at start and triggering a game over screen is trivial.
That's certainly a quick fix from the creator perspective. But from the player perspective that would end up being a real pain in the ass; especially if the creator didn't have the good sense to provide some sort of explaination to the player before the Game Over was triggered. Considering that most custom story creators are just amateurs bumbling around with software they are unfamiliar with, I think most players would jump to the conclusion that the creator simply made a broken story, and wouldn't even considder that it might work well if they tried a differant starting gender.

I mean new games take what, about 15-20 seconds to load? Imagine sitting through that just to immediately be hit with a "Game Over".

From the player perspective, it would be a far better game experiance to simply be locked in to the game configuration that the creator wants you to use, rather then be hit with a nuisance error when you unknowingly select a configuration that's incompatable with the scenario.
eekdon

Kinda bogged down right now but there are some good points here. I've had this tab open for like...two days, while trying to get back and read through it :lol: I'll see what I can do.
eekdon

Phew. Finally getting back to some requests.

4. Adjustable Timing For The FadeIn and FadeOut Effects
I'd love to be able to control the timing for the fades. Slow fades can do so much to set the tone of a scene.

This was added.
eekdon

We definitely have to do this one, BTW:

1. Gender Lock
With the release of the female player character immanent, I think CSC creators will need some way of locking their stories (if they so choose) so that they can only be played as one gender or the other. Otherwise, you'll very quickly wind up with stories that become utterly absurd when the player selects the wrong gender at the start. Stories where you've got the female NPCs complimenting a female player on her enormous dick, ect.

As for the others, I will keep them in mind, but no ETA.