[Feature Request]Turn off audio clips for individual background chatters

Requests for new Custom Stories or discussion of your new Custom Story ideas.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
chimneyfish

[Feature Request]Turn off audio clips for individual background chatters

The background chatter mechanics seem very sophisticated. I think CSC users (maybe this one in particular) could do some interesting things using BGCs. However, they are hard coded to specific audio clips, making them of limited usefulness in custom stories that aren't just subtle modifications of the original story.

I think a checkbox that prevents an individual BGC from playing the associated audio clip would be useful here. Then we could repurpose all the other cool BGC elements (e.g, text, emotes, responses, events, etc.) for our various nefarious purposes.
eekdon

Re: [Feature Request]Turn off audio clips for individual background chatters

I'm not sure if this is exactly how we'd tackle the issue, but I'll put in a Feature Request to generally look into it further!
chimneyfish

I haven't tested it yet, but the 1.0.2 release notes suggest you might have added this feature. If so, thanks!
RELEASE NOTES wrote:CSC: Background Chatters can now be flagged to Play Silently (volume for that specific BGC will be set to zero)
eekdon

Ah shit, this was the thread I was thinking of replying to. Two birds, one stone etc., but yes, this might be what you need. No prob!