[Solved] Trouble playing stories

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
SolarPowerdMess

[Solved] Trouble playing stories

Hey! So I just tried installing my first custom stories. I tried with WetDreams 2 and Bisquits and Tea with Amy the Sweetie.
When I tried loading either, the house had no characters. I walked around, looked everywhere, and couldn't find anyone. I went back and checked the original posts. BaTwAtS says it's for [0.10.4], and WD2 says it's for [0.13.3]. I checked, and I'm on 13.3, which I believe is the most recent and should at least work with WD2.

I find it odd, because both stories load and let me free roam. That made me think I placed the files correctly, but I couldn't find anything else to do. I tried using console commands to summon the characters, but they didn't seem to exist, and I'm not that good at using the console anyway.

What should I do?

EDIT: I'm on a Windows 10 hp laptop, 64 bits, 8 GB of RAM, and I think I have around 100 GB of disk space.
The game version is 13.3
Last edited by SolarPowerdMess on Thu May 30, 2019 4:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
redwings16

Re: Trouble playing stories

which version are you using? if its 13.3 then you should focus on stories for that version like gone bad party and wetdreams 2 i belive has been updated to 13.3 also make sure they are in the right folder
SolarPowerdMess

redwings16 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 am which version are you using? if its 13.3 then you should focus on stories for that version like gone bad party and wetdreams 2 i belive has been updated to 13.3 also make sure they are in the right folder
Like I said, I'm on 13.3, and the story I tried it on is WetDreams 2, from 13.3
As for the right folder, I unzipped the file with the story, and put the folder that had the character and story files on this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories

I thought it was the right one because the story actually loaded, but nothing happened in it.
redwings16

actually you put it in the documents folder not the program folder should be an eekllc folder in your documents folder house party should be there then open that you should see mods then stories under that and thats were you put the custom stories
eekdon

SolarPowerdMess wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:38 am
redwings16 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 am which version are you using? if its 13.3 then you should focus on stories for that version like gone bad party and wetdreams 2 i belive has been updated to 13.3 also make sure they are in the right folder
Like I said, I'm on 13.3, and the story I tried it on is WetDreams 2, from 13.3
As for the right folder, I unzipped the file with the story, and put the folder that had the character and story files on this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\House Party\HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods\Stories

I thought it was the right one because the story actually loaded, but nothing happened in it.
Did you get this resolved? Been a crazy busy week over here and just wanted to make sure you're all set.
SolarPowerdMess

erasmus wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:38 am Did you get this resolved? Been a crazy busy week over here and just wanted to make sure you're all set.
I didn't, unfortunately. I tried a bit more when I first posted this, but hadn't checked since. Today I uninstalled and re-installed the game, checked again, and nothing.
All 3 official stories do work, but any others don't.
ttant

Custom stories must not be placed in the steamasset folder ! they must go to the documents folder:

C:\Users\**username**\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories.

ex using WetDreams-2.story file :
C:\Users\ttant\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\WetDreams-2\WetDreams-2.story
eekdon

^^this is the answer. Let us know if that does not work for some reason.
SolarPowerdMess

ttant wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:20 pm Custom stories must not be placed in the steamasset folder ! they must go to the documents folder:

C:\Users\**username**\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories.

ex using WetDreams-2.story file :
C:\Users\ttant\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories\WetDreams-2\WetDreams-2.story
This was exactly it. Thanks so much!