Combat behaving strangely

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
mada7

Combat behaving strangely

Character getting knocked out event triggers don't trigger if the combat was initiated by anything other than console commands. If you do initiate combat with console commands then all other times the character gets knocked out they getting knocked out event triggers will occur correctly from there on out.

If you don't initiate the first combat with a console command then nothing can ever revive the knocked out character
eekdon

Re: Combat behaving strangely

Hm that's odd, if anything the console should break more things than it fixes because of its nature...and bc I'm not as good a coder as Bobby :P Technically for the combat command in the console I am forcing several values on for characters, including "get knocked out instead of dying", so that the character doesn't permanently get incapacitated. Without looking at it, I believe this results in a different flag than just getting knocked out, as you cannot 'combat CHAR wakeup' a character that has suffered the combat -> died status as opposed to knocked out/passed out.
mada7

Re: Combat behaving strangely

I'm a pretty good coder myself so I don't mind poking around in the guts and fixing this myself, I actually find that fun, but I'd need to know where to look. As it is now when I try to edit the NPC script I get blocked because it's part of the character engine dll. It's probably for my own good but if there is a way I could make this work on my own I don't mind saving you guys the work and sharing how I fixed it with the community.

From the looks of it the way combat appears to be working is that there is some sort of boolean or array that is either knockout or die when losing a fight that is either defaulted or stuck to die. The console command as you describe it seems to force it to knockout instead of die. Without seeing the code I can't suggest more than that but that's what appears to be going on based on your description