File Issues

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
e2pii

File Issues

CSC 0.8.0
HP 0.10.4
Unity 2018.1.6f1

Ashley's character script? (accessed in the Hierarchy) is named Amy, as reported here.

When I export the Original Story (as a simple test,) player/item interactions (and possibly more) are unavailable until I manually edit the story file to be Little Endian (with BOM?) or remove the characters (mostly non-printing) outside the outermost braces {}. I've been doing both. A subset of suggestions here.

My downloaded 0.8.0 files report as 0.7.0 in Unity.
ttant

Re: File Issues

I can confirm the issue.

Btw the CSC export/apply to house party and other "publish story" features don't produce the same output and that might be the issue.

It should be better if there is only one export feature that use the "json utf16-le text file format" instead of the old "crappy utf8 with binary prefix & suffix" one.
e2pii

Just confirmed that both changing the encoding and trimming the text file are needed after using the "Apply to House Party" button.

Interestingly, using that button for a single character file (e.g. Patrick) causes a file touch/edit on the Story file. Allowing Steam to overwrite the Story file after manual correction (guarded by then setting character file to read only) leads to the intended behavior in game.

More interestingly, not doing the above manual corrections can cause other, unedited characters to not act correctly in game.
eekdon

We've got a ticket in to clear up GUI functionality in the story editor, clarify instructions, and I've also alerted our lead dev to this thread. We are already aware of the Ashley/Amy mixup, and of the fact that the HP CSC 0.8.0 reports 0.7.0 being used.
peter980

Original story files shipped with 0.10.4 do have 0.7.0 written in them, as origin story creator version.