What exactly is Mood social check?

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
peter980

What exactly is Mood social check?

I know that Love is check for romance social, and that Like is check for Friendship.

But what is check for Mood?

Also, this criteria, unlike love and like, does not need second character, so it more similar to drunk.

I can also see that you can add Mood, using social command, but I'm not sure what it represents in the game.
peter980

Re: What exactly is Mood social check?

Checked official story scripts from 0.8.8

There is no single instance of adding mood to characters.

But there are couple of characters that check mood.

Madison has Mood < -10 and Mood between -1 and -10 checks that modify default response, to make her more hostile to character.

And Brittney has one that if Mood is less then 0, that modifies default response.

I'm thinking that maybe this is obsolete variable, and that remaining checks are actually a bugs, but I'm not sure...
Last edited by peter980 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter980

I've got it!

After playing with console, I realized that some emotes give positive "mood", while some others negative.

For example, after I added angry emote 3 times to Madison, she switched to hostile response.

Then I added happy emote once, and it got back to its neutral response.

With all said, this does look like very unreliable system to use for anything, plus is hidden from player, and I do remember bug reports of having Madison hostile with maxed out friendship and romance, and this explains it.

Also, general assumption is that emotes are cosmetic and not mechanical system in the game.

IMHO, it should either be removed from any checks from Official Story, or expanded to an actual stat, that accompanies, love, like and drunk stats.

P.S.
Some emotes are worth more points.
For example, it took me 3 angry emotes for Madison to switch to hostile check. But it needed 6 sad emotes for the same.

Also It looks, only emotes 0-6 are those that affect hidden "Mood" stat. Happy, ecstatic and flirty give positive, while sad, angry, surprised and scared give negative mood.
eekdon

peter980 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:16 pm I've got it!

After playing with console, I realized that some emotes give positive "mood", while some others negative.

For example, after I added angry emote 3 times to Madison, she switched to hostile response.

Then I added happy emote once, and it got back to its neutral response.

With all said, this does look like very unreliable system to use for anything, plus is hidden from player, and I do remember bug reports of having Madison hostile with maxed out friendship and romance, and this explains it.

Also, general assumption is that emotes are cosmetic and not mechanical system in the game.

IMHO, it should either be removed from any checks from Official Story, or expanded to an actual stat, that accompanies, love, like and drunk stats.

P.S.
Some emotes are worth more points.
For example, it took me 3 angry emotes for Madison to switch to hostile check. But it needed 6 sad emotes for the same.

Also It looks, only emotes 0-6 are those that affect hidden "Mood" stat. Happy, ecstatic and flirty give positive, while sad, angry, surprised and scared give negative mood.
It's not hidden anymore (well, via the console at least), but yeah it's not a simple 'stat' to make use of. It's mostly used in lower level functionality as you noticed here. It also plays somewhat into walking and dancing. If it seems unreliable it's just because there may be a LOT of things firing at once and mood can swing a lot (possibly more than it should) within a playthrough.
peter980

Confirmed the effect on dancing.

If mood is below 0, character will not dance.

Of course, there are other blockers for dance, like some states: Upset, Embarrassed, Wants to be Alone.

Embarrassed is one that custom story creators need to watch for. BJ actions will enable Embarrassed, and disable at the end of BJ.
If you script the switch between BJ and other poses, then Embarrassed will stick, making characters unable to dance after.