Opportunities and Character Names

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
chimneyfish

Opportunities and Character Names

If you rename a character, the opportunities window showing their quests still uses their original story name.
ttant

Re: Opportunities and Character Names

That's because there is no "formatable" sting in the engine.
I mean you can wrote something like "you got ${nbBeer}" with ${nbBeer} the number of beer in your inventory.
So you have to create one line for each supported value of nbBeer, with all criteria required to do so.

In your case, if you want to fully rename Amy, I would change all occurrence of Amy in the translation template, hoping for non hard-coded name somewhere in the engine. :oops:
chimneyfish

The point I am making is that the newly designed opportunities window (when you push O) uses the hard-coded original story name instead of the display name.

A similar issue occurred when they introduced the fighting UI (the characters' hit point display used original story name instead of display name) and the good people of Eek ultimately revised it. I am hoping for a similar revision here.

While formattable tokens would also be a nice addition, that's not really what I'm asking for here.
peter980

Personally, I would also prefer if you can customize which avatar is shown above quest, instead of it being hardcoded to character file in which quest is located.
eekdon

I know what you're referring to with the names. Hopefully that's as easy as a fix as the combat UI naming issue was.
chimneyfish

This one's still a (minor) issue in 0.19.4.

In addition, another place where the UI uses the original story name, instead of the custom story's name is in the little relationship change notices that pop up now (see picture).
Attachments
renames.jpg
renames.jpg (622.92 KiB) Viewed 14825 times
eekdon

chimneyfish wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:11 pm This one's still a (minor) issue in 0.19.4.

In addition, another place where the UI uses the original story name, instead of the custom story's name is in the little relationship change notices that pop up now (see picture).
Ah fuckity fuck.
eekdon

Fixed. Thanks!