Sunglasses in 0.16.5

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
chimneyfish

Sunglasses in 0.16.5

I'm having trouble getting the sunglasses to reliably mount to a girl's head after they've been in the player's inventory.

In previous versions, the following sequence of events, triggered from dialog, worked correctly every time:

1. GrabFromInventory : Sunglasses
2. Item : Sunglasses : Mount : True : Amy : Head

In 0.16.5, the debug log shows the events are triggered, but the sunglasses do not appear on the girl's face or, if they do appear, they are floating in midair some distance away from her face.

I've tried replacing GrabFromInventory with Player : Inventory : Remove and adding a delay between the events, but no luck.

From the console, mounting the sunglasses works when the sunglasses haven't been in the player's inventory first. After they've been in the player's inventory, however, even the console seems to have inconsistent results.

Any ideas?
peter980

Re: Sunglasses in 0.16.5

Was there intimacy at any point in the process?

I noticed that getting glasses from girls during intimacy and giving them back after would lead to a similar issue.
This is because character models are rescaled during intimacy, so glasses would keep size at the point they where taken.

This was all true couple of versions ago, so I haven't checked status in 0.16.5.
chimneyfish

peter980 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:33 amWas there intimacy at any point in the process?
Nope. This is outside of intimacy.
eekdon

So just the sunglasses, not the regular glasses or any other held item?
chimneyfish

Don't know.

I am mounting the regular glasses but that's fired from a game start event, not via dialog and they aren't in the player's inventory when it happens. That works fine.

I haven't tried mounting anything else from the player's inventory.
eekdon

Alright thank you, we'll have to look into it.
eekdon

In 0.17.2 Beta, I can confirm that the event trigger shown here works perfectly fine either on its own, or as part of a dialogue, and regardless of sitting or standing:

https://imgur.com/a/aomiKej

I can console (player inventory add sunglasses) it into my inventory and then talk to Amy again to get them re-mounted. So far I have witnessed zero unexpected results so it appears like this is fixed. I can also rapidly console them into my inventory, remove, and mount to Amy's head with no issues.

https://vimeo.com/432524288/f979f27b55
chimneyfish

Coolio. I'll check it out when the beta releases.