No stories are loading

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Yeeter

No stories are loading

So i just got everything needed put them in the right Document folder and everything but Hotstory still isnt loading
ttant

Re: No stories are loading

If you're really 1000% sure that :
* the files are in the expected place
* you're using a game version designed for the custom story or at least a compatible version
the only other issue known is your antivirus blocking the files loading.

If so, check thoses thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/611790/d ... 904083053/
https://steamcommunity.com/app/611790/d ... 964524301/
eekdon

The other thing that can happen is that Windows file compression can make stories unreadable by the engine. You will know the folders and files for the game are compressed by looking at the file icons. Two little blue arrows/triangles will be in the corner it each icon. Check this site for some general info, and their Option One section covers the easiest method for uncompressing specific folders: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/263 ... -10-a.html
VikingWayne

i seem to be having a similar issue, ( new player to the game) ive downloaded a few different stories, and only one seems to be coming up, im runing 0.14.4, adn have all the stories in the documents folder. any ideas.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (220.62 KiB) Viewed 23411 times
peter980

I already see problem. At least for my Gone Bad Party.

You unzipped the story by creating new folder with same name as zip. Zip has version number in it. Actual folder inside the zip does not. And it needs to be in Mods folder, instead (Gone Bad Party folder, with files in it, in Mods folder).
chimneyfish

Yep, same problem for Katherine's Party and Random Party.

Depending on what zip program you use to extract the files, you might want to select "unzip to here" instead of "unzip to <name of zip file>".
ttant

In fact, all was extracted like that i presume, so all have the same issue.
You need to "extract here" not to "extract to *\".

@Erasmus: instead of exportings the characters + story file, can the CSC generate the zip and the game to unzip it when loaded ? doing such there will be no more issue like that or various archive format proposed on the forum (like 7z or rar).
I know, this can break compatibility... :cry:
eekdon

It could, but for people who add readme's or special folder structures to their stories, it'd be inconvenient. If there's a general consensus that it's the preferred approach, we'll look into it. We could also just make it an option, perhaps. Otherwise, better options might be adding some flexibility to story file handling in related back end code, or putting together a custom story installation feature on the title screen, etc.
Raft42

using the ingame UI the stories were installed surprisingly fast, but every mod starts with a party without people and an oil line from the firepit into the garage; so it might be a no-stories-are-loading in another sense
ttant

No, that a whole different story. You're just using HP 0.17.x (0.17.1 i presume) with CS which are NOT designed for that version.

This is sadly a known issue of v0.17 : all previous CS are not compatible.