[HPCSC 0.22.0] Problem with the custom story creator

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Kevin1995

[HPCSC 0.22.0] Problem with the custom story creator

There is a error whiles i trying to open a HPCSC 0.22.0 and the only problem is the script can not be loaded.
Screenshot (32).png
Screenshot (32).png (217.44 KiB) Viewed 10345 times
ttant

Re: [HPCSC 0.22.0] Problem with the custom story creator

Are you sure that:
* You have installed the required unity3d version and not another one ?
* You have extract all files from CSC in a folder and load that folder in csc to open the project ?
* You have double clic on the clic-me item as asked in the readme file ?

Btw, the scene view is completely useless for csc.
Kevin1995

I install the right version and did everything but still the error.
eekdon

I see you have been a member for some time, but without digging through post history I am not 100% sure how familiar you are with the CSC. So, forgive me if I go overboard trying to help here, as I can't tell what the issue you're running into actually is.

You do not need to select or interact with the AppManager object, ever. Are you doing this because you ran into another issue with the CSC? If this is the case, skip the below and let us know what specific issue you are having with importing, editing, or exporting custom stories.

--------------------

A quick primer for you or anyone else who might be unfamiliar with what to "click on" in the CSC (for more see our tutorials and/or other CSC-related posts):

The only objects in the Hierarchy tab that you should be interacting with/clicking on are children of the "Stories" object, which is just a container/parent object. Think of that as a folder, of sorts. Any object which is a container/parent object has a little arrow next to it that can be used to display its contents/children.

Within the "Stories" container object are Story Collections. In the CSC by default those are "Original Story" and "Blank Story Template". These are the parent objects of Stories and Character Stories (what make the custom story actually do stuff). Story Collection objects also have some scripted functionalities. For example, these Story Collection objects are what you'd use to import and export (save and load) custom stories with.

Then, within a Story Collection you will first have a Story object. In your pic that is "Blank Story". This Story object contains a lot of item, character interaction, and player-specific scripting, as well as important support functions like Criteria Groups. I.e. most things not directly related to a single NPC are located here.

Next, you will see a Characters container/parent object (which has no special function) and all the Character Stories. These Character Stories define individual NPC behaviors like dialogue, event triggers, how they react to being given items, and more.
Kevin1995

Nevermind, i got it working, i has to downgrage to unity 2019 version.
eekdon

Oh, ok. Strange, but glad you got it working!