Bug and ID question

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
e2pii

Bug and ID question

The Original Story.prefab packed with CSC 0.8.0 contains two copies of the Printer ItemOverride with matching IDs (2fe08875-a408-4c42-b826-114798919ee8). I think they match exactly, so I doubt this is intended.

Incidentally, I noticed the engine appears to use the ids (8 hex - 4 hex - 4 hex - 4 hex - 12 hex) for quests. Does anyone know if there are other instances of them being used as well?

I'm curious if I need worry about them when manually editing .story or .character files. Is it expected that changing a character's id would cause issues in game? Or should I just test it myself?
peter980

Re: Bug and ID question

You only need to worry about Ids for quest. They are referenced in key attribute both for compare and for quest action.
e2pii

It appears that the ids are used when translating/replacing text for non-English languages.

Can anyone confirm?
peter980

If it is an action event that produces the text display, then its ID is indeed used for translation.

But for most of the other time, you do not need ID. For example, dialogues are referenced with their short IDs (that are only 1-3 digits), while wheel actions are referenced by their English string, so no ID needed.