Player/NPCs not holding bottle or cups in hand

Report any bugs you may encounter with the House Party CSC here.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
DeanWinchester

Player/NPCs not holding bottle or cups in hand

CSC version: HPCSC.1.0.1
HP version: (sorry not sure how to check this) But I have the latest version as of 10/20/22

I'm trying to get the characters in my custom story to hold a whiskey bottle or red solo cup in their hand. I followed (I think correctly) what is done in the Original Story which is mounting the item to the character's left hand (also tried right hand). It does appear, but the position is off and it looks like it's mounted to their wrist. Any tips on fixing this?

I looked at Patrick's Cabernet/Merlot item interactions and it seems to do what I'm doing (loading up a new Original Story game, the bottle is mounted correctly). Maybe missing something simple or maybe a bug?
cup-hold-issue.PNG
cup-hold-issue.PNG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 16342 times
chimneyfish

Re: Player/NPCs not holding bottle or cups in hand

Only a few of the booze items actually mount correctly. The Merlot, RumOpen, and Natty Lite Open all work. Most of the rest do not, although I can't guarantee I've tested them all.
DeanWinchester

Ah I see, thanks! Yea tried with Rum Open and that worked.
eekdon

In 1.0.5 and up, the following will look much better when mounted to an NPCs right hand, most notably when used in conjunction with a HoldingADrink... state. Regarding their use with those states: the holding drink anim locks the hand and its bones in place, and I did not get into additional item scaling code or anim adjustment. So while this is an improvement (most notably from long-to-medium distances), there will be some clipping visible if a Player gets very close and looks down towards the NPCs hand.

Also bear in mind that not all items will perfectly line up with all NPCs lips when they actually take a "sip" from the object.

Empty Vodka
Whack Spankiels/Whiskey
Red solo cups
Chardonnay
Cabernet
Soda
Whipped Cream