Custom music playlist

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
TinkerTailor

Custom music playlist

What's the possibility of ever including a custom music playlist?

Have the option of switching between the in-game playlist and the custom one via the TV screen or tablet.

Metal Gear Solid V on Steam allows people to have their own custom playlist so there's definitely a possibility.
eekdon

Re: Custom music playlist

That's on the backburner. The request has been made before but it's not something that gets done in a matter of minutes.

I wouldn't compare most games to MGS5. Its development budget was somewhere between $50-$100M dollars :lol:
snowstormnet

Hi @TinkerTailor,

I'm an enthusiast as well. Could you describe what would be minimum acceptable functionalities a custom music playlist would look like to you? It's something I, myself would like to do as for example would like to love Stephanie dance on "California love" by 2Pac. I had a look at the file structure for House Party and I think it's something I could do eventually.

Edit: Context: I'm a dev myself (I don't work for Eek), an enthusiast one who prefer coding to gaming but who really like House Party game.

Best regards,
TinkerTailor

snowstormnet wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:59 am Hi @TinkerTailor,

I'm an enthusiast as well. Could you describe what would be minimum acceptable functionalities a custom music playlist would look like to you? It's something I, myself would like to do as for example would like to love Stephanie dance on "California love" by 2Pac. I had a look at the file structure for House Party and I think it's something I could do eventually.

Edit: Context: I'm a dev myself (I don't work for Eek), an enthusiast one who prefer coding to gaming but who really like House Party game.

Best regards,
Just being able to have music files you have played within the game and being able to select to play them from a user friendly in-game menu. Not sure how feasible it'd be, but I imagine in House Party any music files you've added into the game's folder, you select the screen for "custom track list" and then the names for each file are displayed and you can click which one, much like how the in-game tracks already in the game are selected from the TV screen.

Of course you could simply have a media player playing in the background as you play the game, but it's more so for that immersion aspect which is why I'd enjoy seeing a custom in-game playlist, especially whilst you're engaging with one of the characters as your favorite song plays.

erasmus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:30 pm That's on the backburner. The request has been made before but it's not something that gets done in a matter of minutes.

I wouldn't compare most games to MGS5. Its development budget was somewhere between $50-$100M dollars :lol:
Oh no, of course I don't expect House Party to have the same budget as MGSV, but whether the idea to implement a feature like this into the game I'm not sure how costly it'd be.