R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

For discussing gaming, music, sex, stonks, or anything else unrelated to Eek! Games or its products and services.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
noobfromthe978

R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

I would like to take this opportunity to pay respect to Eddie Van Halen. He is, at least in my opinion, the greatest rock guitarist of all time. His spirit lives on through his music. He was such an inspiration to me and my father. I was exposed to a lot of different music growing up. I distinctly remember listening to "Runnin' with the Devil" and being hooked right away, so he was a huge influence on me musically. He was known for his "Frankenstein" guitar or Frankenstrat, a guitar that combined the sound of a Gibson with the hardware of a Fender. He eventually developed his own brand of guitars and amps.

My heart goes out to his family. His son and bandmate, Wolfgang. His brother and bandmate, Alex. His wife, Janie. His ex-wife, Valerie Bertinelli. He's tearing it up in heaven now.

R.I.P. Edward Lodewijk Van Halen.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"
eekdon

Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

A solemn and un-ironic 'F'. :(
noobfromthe978

Re: R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen

With all due respect, come on, man. It may not be related to video games, but I thought you guys would appreciate the fact that he left a lasting mark on this world.
Catch your magic moment
Do it right here and now
It means everything
-Van Halen, "Right Now"