[0.8.8] Hair and clothing detaching from body of models

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
FD499

[0.8.8] Hair and clothing detaching from body of models

Actually 2 similar things, but I'd expect they are separate issues.

First: Sometimes the character bodies can freeze, while the hair and clothing continues to move normally. I've seen this in Vickie quite a few times, and Stephanie once. If it does it while they are walking/free moving, the body freezes its pose, but moves with the character while clothing and hair keep animating in the expected manner. If the character is in a pose (I.e. Vickie sitting in the hot tub) the body freezes in a position, while the hair keeps looking around.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/1WhiKJ6.jpg hair and bra would move head and body frozen. Ive seen this both in playthoughs mucking around with the console and in 'clean' playthoughs.

Ive also noticed that sometimes when I see it happening, if I turn so the glitched character is out of the players POV and then look back its fixed, if I look away and back again, the body is frozen again. A save/load will fix it. When it happens to Stephanie while she's dancing, its hilarious because the 'mannequin' thrashes around like a pinata. :lol:

Second: Body/hair detachment when using the camera.
https://i.imgur.com/bXjE3Ut.jpg
It wasnt showing up like this on screen, but it shows up like that while reviewing the photos on the camera, and on the files on disk. Nearly did a spit-take seeing receding-hairline-mullet Rachael on the camera the first time. Unsure if it only affects photos taken during an intimacy, or if its just related to general character movement.

I'll poke around a bit more to see if I can get any more specifics to replicating it.
eekdon

Re: [0.8.8] Hair and clothing detaching from body of models

FD499 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:45 pm Actually 2 similar things, but I'd expect they are separate issues.

First: Sometimes the character bodies can freeze, while the hair and clothing continues to move normally. I've seen this in Vickie quite a few times, and Stephanie once. If it does it while they are walking/free moving, the body freezes its pose, but moves with the character while clothing and hair keep animating in the expected manner. If the character is in a pose (I.e. Vickie sitting in the hot tub) the body freezes in a position, while the hair keeps looking around.

Example: https://i.imgur.com/1WhiKJ6.jpg hair and bra would move head and body frozen. Ive seen this both in playthoughs mucking around with the console and in 'clean' playthoughs.

Ive also noticed that sometimes when I see it happening, if I turn so the glitched character is out of the players POV and then look back its fixed, if I look away and back again, the body is frozen again. A save/load will fix it. When it happens to Stephanie while she's dancing, its hilarious because the 'mannequin' thrashes around like a pinata. :lol:

Second: Body/hair detachment when using the camera.
https://i.imgur.com/bXjE3Ut.jpg
It wasnt showing up like this on screen, but it shows up like that while reviewing the photos on the camera, and on the files on disk. Nearly did a spit-take seeing receding-hairline-mullet Rachael on the camera the first time. Unsure if it only affects photos taken during an intimacy, or if its just related to general character movement.

I'll poke around a bit more to see if I can get any more specifics to replicating it.
What graphics setting were you using? We'll look into it!
FD499

I was using "simple" at the time, hadnt messed with it in the launcher any. I've done some bug-hunting since then though.

The first issue hasnt reared its head again since I uninstalled, cleaned up and reinstalled from steam. I'm guessing leftovers from 0.7.7 when I installed 0.8.8 from steam may have been to blame.

Second issue, its not specifically related to intimacies, just NPC movement. It was showing up on all graphics levels, though it seemed worse at higher graphics levels. I do have a bit of stuttering on quick turns/movements on higher levels. The easiest character to get the clothes to glitch was Madison, just a photo of her walking would make the bra come though the shirt in the photos. Though everyone's hair while their head was moving would do it, Along with Katherine's phone and glasses. Never anyone else's clothes though. Guessing Madison's bra isnt strictly 'clothing' and more of an 'accessory' like the glasses and phone to the engine.

Did a couple other things to poke and cause problems though.

1) Interrupting Amy before she retreats upstairs to Ashley's room, she will strip on the spot. Initiating an intimacy breaks her routine and she goes about the party nude, hiding herself. Usually in the living room, instead of staying put in Ashleys room.

2) After training up your stamina without the use of booze, instigating Derek to attempt to beat up Frank and losing, then giving Patrick the flask, you can take your 2nd test with Vickie, pass and you'll get the dialogue about the fight inside before it has occurred.
eekdon

FD499 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:20 pm I was using "simple" at the time, hadnt messed with it in the launcher any. I've done some bug-hunting since then though.

The first issue hasnt reared its head again since I uninstalled, cleaned up and reinstalled from steam. I'm guessing leftovers from 0.7.7 when I installed 0.8.8 from steam may have been to blame.

Second issue, its not specifically related to intimacies, just NPC movement. It was showing up on all graphics levels, though it seemed worse at higher graphics levels. I do have a bit of stuttering on quick turns/movements on higher levels. The easiest character to get the clothes to glitch was Madison, just a photo of her walking would make the bra come though the shirt in the photos. Though everyone's hair while their head was moving would do it, Along with Katherine's phone and glasses. Never anyone else's clothes though. Guessing Madison's bra isnt strictly 'clothing' and more of an 'accessory' like the glasses and phone to the engine.

Did a couple other things to poke and cause problems though.

1) Interrupting Amy before she retreats upstairs to Ashley's room, she will strip on the spot. Initiating an intimacy breaks her routine and she goes about the party nude, hiding herself. Usually in the living room, instead of staying put in Ashleys room.

2) After training up your stamina without the use of booze, instigating Derek to attempt to beat up Frank and losing, then giving Patrick the flask, you can take your 2nd test with Vickie, pass and you'll get the dialogue about the fight inside before it has occurred.
Hm, okay. We will have to look into the overlapping clothing/detachment of assets from their NPC root.

We are aware of some issues towards the end of Amy's story that we're gonna work to resolve this release cycle as best we can. I'll have to test out the Vickie issue a bit. Probably just a quick story fix. Thanks!