New animations?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
mike1097

New animations?

Hello,

I have noticed in the notes for the new 0.10.3 Beta mentioning new animations.

Though I will say, I did think the current public animations are somewhat basic, I thought those were also created by Take One Studios? (I may be mistaken though...) If i'm correct, and they are the same animations designers, what's different?

From a development point of view, what are you able to achieve with this new motion capture from a third party source? Do you have to loop the same animation over and over, or does it give you a better base to create more animations?

Many thanks!
ttant

Re: New animations?

pre 10.3 animation are really basic, and there is only "one" global movement.

New animations are more complex, I mean, when one of the girl rides you,she doesn't just only jump on you: she can lean forward or backward.
RoadWulf

Weird you guys have access to 0.10.3? The blog hasn't been updated with that. Must have been a "secret" update they didn't care to tell anyone about.
mike1097

ttant wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:35 pm pre 10.3 animation are really basic, and there is only "one" global movement.

New animations are more complex, I mean, when one of the girl rides you,she doesn't just only jump on you: she can lean forward or backward.
I see. Sounds interesting!

RoadWulf wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:56 pm Weird you guys have access to 0.10.3? The blog hasn't been updated with that. Must have been a "secret" update they didn't care to tell anyone about.

I don't have access to 0.10.3 Beta, I read from:
http://games.eekllc.com/house-party-ver ... ase-notes/
ttant

0.10.3 is available, for patreons only : https://www.patreon.com/eekgames/posts?
eekdon

mike1097 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 pm Hello,

I have noticed in the notes for the new 0.10.3 Beta mentioning new animations.

Though I will say, I did think the current public animations are somewhat basic, I thought those were also created by Take One Studios? (I may be mistaken though...) If i'm correct, and they are the same animations designers, what's different?

From a development point of view, what are you able to achieve with this new motion capture from a third party source? Do you have to loop the same animation over and over, or does it give you a better base to create more animations?

Many thanks!
We still mostly just have control over how transitions work and how fast they occur. We're still tied to the actual content of the animation that's provided; it doesn't allow us wider customization of all animations. We can tweak tiny things like general hand position or something on the player's end, but that's about it.