9.3 crashes and other problems

For posting information about any bugs, crashes, or graphical issues you encounter while playing House Party. Not the place for general, gameplay, or spoiler-related questions.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
eekdon

Re: 9.3 crashes and other problems

This is an Early Access game. We've been abundantly clear about that. It sounds like you don't like being subjected to various aspects of development that can (and often do) occur with tiny studios. That's fair, and I bet a lot of other people don't like our approach either. It also sounds like you don't enjoy paying more than you have to, considering the frustration you deal with in regards to the game's development. That also makes sense. But, I'm getting the impression that you're viewing the Patreon system (and I am assuming you're a Patron based on the info you've provided in previous posts) as a game purchase...which is not what it is. Patreon itself defines the patron/creator relationship as "Patrons pledge money to creators for creating content." and "Creators launch a page that allows patrons to support them.".

You aren't buying the game on Patreon. Note that you don't get game keys via Patreon. On our Patreon you are supporting us (animation studio charges, staff salaries, game assets & voice acting, Unity Support, and much more) for creating content for the game and in the end, creating a final product, and we are trying our best to make that support worthwhile via different perks. It sounds to me like a Steam copy would work better for you. One charge, $15, and you get updates for the lifetime of the game at no extra charge. Yes, the updates are not as frequent as Patreon updates, but they are always less buggy and the story files associated with the Steam versions will be relevant for longer due to the pace of the updates. If that sounds like it would be less frustrating for you, then we'd encourage you to get a Steam copy. There's no sense in paying for something you don't feel is worth it.

You still have not clarified what you mean in terms of the game crashing when you turn on V-SYNC. Does it just close completely and that's it? Is there an error message? Does it freeze permanently but NOT close to the Windows desktop? You also (unless I missed it in another post) have not posted any system specs, and I cannot tell if you've stepped through any of the other troubleshooting guides we have posted either.

In terms of the stories, 0.9.0 *should* be on our server still. But somehow it disappeared...and only that version...

Weird. I am having our lead dev put up a new file for 0.9.0 within the next day. However, if you look in the game folder for House Party, in the HouseParty_Data\StreamingAssets\LatestStory subfolder there is a .zip file. This file contains the story files for your particular game version. So even if the files don't download properly, the game will still have a backup. That being said, 0.9.0's story files have not been touched in weeks so there's no need to redownload them if your backup in StreamingAssets\LatestStory is present. We are *never* going to get rid of the file download system. It allows us to hot fix story issues very easily as opposed to building an entirely new .exe. This very similar in concept to what many game studios do for hot fix processes. I believe your issue with the story download system stems from the fact that we somehow lost the 0.9.0 story files on our server. Sorry!
MistyXXX

I don't typically like steam. I careless of the story really and there are lots of function in the game already. Also Patreon I understand that's it's more leaning on a support for development. I had my time and I did want to support, but I felt like I wasted my money at times when there was bugs in the game. I might support on Patreon at times, but not as often. Anyways thanks for that direction and I might just stick with 9.0 for awhile. 9.0 wasn't that bad for me and it rare crashed once setting the VSYNC at times. Not big of a deal. And yes for some reason 9.0, didn't want to show up. By the way I always delete the game folders in my documents, appdata, and registry, after I finish playing. I keep everything on an external drive and have everything load again. Still it checks no matter what. I can't even play it offline, because the game has to verify the original story from the server, which I wish that I could play offline. Don't worry about the v-sync thing, I'm sure Bobby will fix some performance issues, and it will be fixed. Still perhaps there some error in code? I don't know how games work? However, I know it will be resolved in the future once some performance/optimization changes are resolved, which seems most likely the case.
eekdon

MistyXXX wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 1:17 pm I don't typically like steam. I careless of the story really and there are lots of function in the game already. Also Patreon I understand that's it's more leaning on a support for development. I had my time and I did want to support, but I felt like I wasted my money at times when there was bugs in the game. I might support on Patreon at times, but not as often. Anyways thanks for that direction and I might just stick with 9.0 for awhile. 9.0 wasn't that bad for me and it rare crashed once setting the VSYNC at times. Not big of a deal. And yes for some reason 9.0, didn't want to show up. By the way I always delete the game folders in my documents, appdata, and registry, after I finish playing. I keep everything on an external drive and have everything load again. Still it checks no matter what. I can't even play it offline, because the game has to verify the original story from the server, which I wish that I could play offline. Don't worry about the v-sync thing, I'm sure Bobby will fix some performance issues, and it will be fixed. Still perhaps there some error in code? I don't know how games work? However, I know it will be resolved in the future once some performance/optimization changes are resolved, which seems most likely the case.
As long as your StreamingAssets folder is in intact in the game's Data folder as I previously mentioned, you should be able to play it offline.
cruiserrr

I am also facing this same issue, while trying to complete one of the House party endings.
eekdon

cruiserrr wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:20 pm I am also facing this same issue, while trying to complete one of the House party endings.
Hi, what issue specifically? There were a number brought up in this thread.
leproso04

Hello, in the latest version of house party I have a problem with orgasm, when I do the mission of filming derek and madison and then I have sex with Ashley who gets a text message on Madison's cell phone, after finishing with the message the orgasm bar fills up much faster than normal, that is, it does not last at all in sex. Is that a bug but does it have a solution to continue with the story?
eekdon

leproso04 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 6:27 am Hello, in the latest version of house party I have a problem with orgasm, when I do the mission of filming derek and madison and then I have sex with Ashley who gets a text message on Madison's cell phone, after finishing with the message the orgasm bar fills up much faster than normal, that is, it does not last at all in sex. Is that a bug but does it have a solution to continue with the story?
Refer to the other thread where this was discussed in more detail. Thanks.
:arrow: http://forum.eekllc.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=284