Getting characters to start dancing

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
konicode13

Getting characters to start dancing

I can't seem to get characters to start dancing when they enter the living room. The music is playing, and I've adjusted their states to be able to hear music and be able to dance. Anything I need to do to trigger that action would be greatly appreciated.
peter980

Re: Getting characters to start dancing

"Able to hear music" state is directly related to speakers playing music. It is modified by engine itself, not something that it toggle-able manually (since it will be overridden by engine, based on distance of music source, at any point in time).

"Able to dance" state is one of the prereq. to be able to dance, but there are couple of other states that need to be turned off to be able to dance.

"Embarrassed" needs to be off, as well as "upset" and "wants to be alone".
cesidio

You can force dance with console command, but not all console command are exported in story creator (not dance and changesize for example).
konicode13

This was the solution I came up with, which is based on the info the game devs used to get Stephanie to start dancing to begin with. I haven't messed around with the console yet, so I'm not sure what the different values for Dancing:Skill do, but I assume they do different moves based on it. Dancing:Dance seems to be a binary value, 1 being dance and 0 being not. I just tuck those two values under an event criteria for hearing music and away she goes.
Dance.png
Dance.png (24.17 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
konicode13

This is based on Creator version 0.7.0 btw
peter980

You do not need Dancing:Dance.

Dancing:Skill, if not specified, defaults to 3, and correspond to amount of different animations available. Valid values are 1-9 (anything above gives no difference).

All characters start with 3, Stephanie with 6, and she can have it raised to 9 after giving whippit.

Starting music with speakers is of course required, since speakers emit music that is prerequisite for dancing.