Playing With Fire

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Kevner

Playing With Fire

Something I'm trying to implement just now, and I'm satisfied with the results so far, but I wonder about one or two things here.

Basically, by mounting the firepit to the player or any character, you can set them ablaze and it looks convincing enough (particularly on the player.) Then we can disable it when whichever character it is gets close enough to the hotub to put it out (then remove clothing because it all burned away.) Fun. There's a whole bunch of possibilities I'm sure and I hope someone else gives it a try.

The caveat is that it removes the fire from the pit. If we need to use the fire again we can enable it and mount again, but I'd really prefer if I could reset the position back to where it started. Since I have the inevitable light joint from fire bit in my story, this could break unless it only happens after, or because of this. You can't interact with it while mounted, and if you unmount it stays where it is, on the floor or in mid air or whereever it was. Interactable but not very immersive. Disabling it solves that, but it doesn't get the fire back in place. I doubt it's possible to duplicate either.

One thing I'm trying is mounting it to the player's foot, warping on top of the pit (warpto player -8.6 1 -11.7) then unmounting the fire. It almost works, but depending on which way you're facing it probably won't stay in the middle. This would occur during a fadeout ideally, but then I need a reason in context to do that.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? If anything I thought the possibility would be useful for others to know.
eekdon

Re: Playing With Fire

For now something like that would be quite difficult. The easiest solution to get even remotely close would be to add something in the command console, but that does nothing for story functionality. I've put in a ticket to look into duplication of items for story/content purposes.
peter980

Anything that adds possibility of multiple Katherine glasses is good in my book.
Kevner

Something like that would definitely be useful if it was universal, or even a restricted few. Panties for each girl would be good for a collector's quest for example. I'm working on one with Vickie's, Ashley's and the pink ones for Amy, which is enough really but the pokemaniac in me wants to snatch em all.