Some questions.

In this forum, you can ask questions and get help with the House Party Custom Story Creator.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

KatieSpencer

Re: Some questions.

Postby KatieSpencer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:10 am

Thank you.

But I have just found a problem. It works and becomes the default responses. But the switch happens even when I click on another response and not only on "Yeah we did."

mada7

Postby mada7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 am

KatieSpencer wrote:Thank you.

But I have just found a problem. It works and becomes the default responses. But the switch happens even when I click on another response and not only on "Yeah we did."

You mean on the first set of choices or once you choose one of the new answers you want it to switch back

KatieSpencer

Postby KatieSpencer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 am

When I click "Yeah, we went to the same school" it goes to the new dialogue has planned.

When I click one of the other responses (before clicking response above), when I click back on her it goes to the new responses instead of staying on the old ones until I click "Yeah, we went to the same school".

mada7

Postby mada7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:34 am

You need to add the criteria to the dialogue trigger to only trigger after you've seen that dialogue option once before (assuming that the initial response causes that dialogue to trigger when selected)

KatieSpencer

Postby KatieSpencer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:29 am

I think that's fixed it... But now my game crashes when I ask a certain question... I hate technology sometimes.

EDIT: Gonna delete the response and add it again. Hopefully that will help.

EDIT: EDIT: Fixed it. I set the 'On Dialogue Start' to 'Trigger' instead of 'Start New Dialogue.'

Thank you again. :D

mada7

Postby mada7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:29 am

KatieSpencer wrote:I think that's fixed it... But now my game crashes when I ask a certain question... I hate technology sometimes.

EDIT: Gonna delete the response and add it again. Hopefully that will help.

EDIT: EDIT: Fixed it. I set the 'On Dialogue Start' to 'Trigger' instead of 'Start New Dialogue.'

Thank you again. :D

No problem. Getting it to switch back or to something else might be a bit trickier but not drastically so.

You can do the same thing you did for the default starting dialogue to the new line with a different one but I'd advise against doing that a lot as it can make things a bit messy when you're trying to debug having to trace the path you took to get where you are.

Or you can do another game event somewhere either on the start or close of the new dialogue

Brittney -> Modify Value -> [any name that you can remember] -> Add -> 1

Then add another criteria to the change you made to the default dialogue that checks that that value is less than however many times you want it to appear

Also that option you selected at first was "Set Start Dialogue". I used that in the past and it works but it's clunky because then you need to modify all the global and goodbye responses to only appear under certain circumstances so I'd advise against it. I've never seen it crash the game though

KatieSpencer

Postby KatieSpencer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Thank you for you help.

I am trying to get my character to do a custom quest. When I add a game event it only shows me the default ones. Is there a way to trigger my own quest?

I have added my own quest in the 'Character Quests' section.

mada7

Postby mada7 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 pm

KatieSpencer wrote:Thank you for you help.

I am trying to get my character to do a custom quest. When I add a game event it only shows me the default ones. Is there a way to trigger my own quest?

I have added my own quest in the 'Character Quests' section.

Kinda weird but for whatever reason you need to give your quest an icon for it to show up in the game events quest list

KatieSpencer

Postby KatieSpencer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Oh...

Brittney asks the player to find a camera. I am not too sure how to add a request/quest for the player to find the camera and use it to trigger a dialogue.

I have looked at the original story, and I can find the part with the camera but not the trigger to a new dialogue.

Return to “House Party Custom Story Creator Help”