How to recreate the change sex positions dialogue from the game

In this forum, you can ask questions and get help with the House Party Custom Story Creator.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

mada7

How to recreate the change sex positions dialogue from the game

Postby mada7 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:36 pm

I want to implement an option identical to the one when having sex with Rachel and Katherine where you can change positions during sex if you talk to them in the middle of the act. Im able to setup the options correctly but I don't know how to get different dialogue to display during sex

TowelboyKev

Re: How to recreate the change sex positions dialogue from the game

Postby TowelboyKev » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:39 pm

One way, although it's a little labor intensive - is to set up an "alternate text" box .. with the criteria such as "Player - Intimacy State - Equals - Missionary Sex" .. with the response options you want when player=missionary, then repeat for each "state" (such as Doggie Style, Cowgirl, etc.).

Or, if you don't want to go 1-by-1 and set for each possible Player-state, you could possibly make the criteria: Player = Genitals Exposed, and then the dialogue would show if player has his genitals exposed.

The "alternate text" box is useful especially on the 'starting default dialogue", if you put some "criteria" on it to control when it displays.

mada7

Postby mada7 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:16 am

I tried using the alternate dialogues but I can't seem to link them to actions or responses after saying them

TrippleT

Postby TrippleT » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:14 am

Have you set up the 'response criteria' correctly? Or perhaps you can provide a screenshot?

kevner

Postby kevner » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 am

If you want to do it in the same way as the creators, instead of using Alternative Texts, add a dialogue trigger under On Dialogue Start with the criteria - 'character' intimacystate equals 'position' for each of the positions, and create a new dialogue for it to add your responses with event choices to change position to the other two.

Alternatively, if sex is initiated from dialogue, add a game event during it to modifyvalue 'character' sex (for example) equals yes, or 1 or any value, and use that as a criteria to trigger dialogue with all options, perhaps with criteria to hide the current position, but then it would take just as much work, then you would need to figure a way to reset that value. If you can, then changing the start dialogue to the same thing, then changing it back after sex in the same way to avoid it replacing the start dialogue permanently.

The first paragraph solution is much better. Alternate Texts don't let you trigger events or actions.

ilovethegirls

Postby ilovethegirls » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Oh no! You guys are complicating it way more than it needs to be. The guy above me is partially correct but he is incorrect in how it functions in the game as it does exactly what the OP is asking for and how the game is currently set up.

Long story short in .73 I had a story where could walk up to any girl and request multiple positions. I found that by setting "modify value equals fucking 1" during the trigger for "Fucking" or whatever be your choice of wording was all it would take.

So the trigger would be;

Fuck Me

clothing Katherine remove all
intimacy Katherine set sexact missionary (or whatever is the wording, I dont have unity installed right now on this machine since .77 isn't working)
modify value equals fucking 1

Thats it! Now when you talk to her during sex, you will be able to change to lay on her back or whatever. You only need to set the modify value equals fucking 1 and it will affect any sexual position in terms of missionary, doggy, cowgirl. You can also set blowjob for faster/slower with any character if you look at how Madison's trigger for talking is set up.

Hope this helps someone out there! Any word on the .77 story creator? I went to play and it updated and now I can't play my story.

mada7

Postby mada7 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:16 pm

I was able to get it to work kinda using what was suggested. I probably over complicated this but this is how I did it.

1. I created 2 dialogues one that initiates sex and one that changes positions and only shows the ones you're not doing

2. On the dialogue that triggers sex I included setting the start dialogue of the character to the option that changes positions

3. On the change positions dialogue I enabled show global responses and show goodbye responses

4. On that same dialogue I set an alternate text that was what she normally says when you first talk to her with the criteria being intimacy state = none

5. I set the change positions dialogue to check to not duplicate positions and to only show positions when intimacy state != none

6. I set all the global responses to only trigger when intimacy state = none

7. I set the default goodbye answer to only show when intimacy state = none and made a separate one that only shows in the opposite circumstance.

This was for Amy so the fuck option wasn't available and I seem to be unable to add anything to story prefab to create that option. This is probably a clunky workaround for this but other than that extra interaction in the circle menu pretty accurately recreates what's in the original game

Return to “House Party Custom Story Creator Help”