Why aren't there more mods?

For general House Party discussion, gameplay questions, and feedback. Also where to ask questions about how to avoid Frank of the House "Fister", First of His Name.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Brian_Orcus

Why aren't there more mods?

I don't mod. So I have no idea what is and isn't involved. But is there some reason we don't have any mods beyond custom stories? Why aren't there any alternate outfits mods? Or alternate bodies? Or custom characters?
ttant

Re: Why aren't there more mods?

Because custom stories are the only modifiable thing the game engine supports right now.

All others requires external resources (to alter texture) or complex knowledge (for 100% custom character).
Maybe in next versions we (the users) can alter some texture (so hair/skin color, furniture color, clothe color, whatever stuff color in fact), but i don't think we will able to import a custom object or character any time soon.
eekdon

We haven't exposed the asset system, handlers, etc. to users yet. There's a whole lot of work that goes into asset modification, but we're still looking into Steam Workshop compatibility and more modding options as a long term goal.
nemo569

If you do something at some point, please don't limit it to Steam, that would be a shame.
I try to avoid Steam whenever possible, I am one of those who bought the game on another platform. So that would be just ... meh
eekdon

nemo569 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:39 am If you do something at some point, please don't limit it to Steam, that would be a shame.
I try to avoid Steam whenever possible, I am one of those who bought the game on another platform. So that would be just ... meh
We're very cognizant of how users on ALL platforms will want the same access to modding tools. The goal/hope...wet dream(?) is a more polished HP CSC tool with UX tweaks and more available tutorials that make it more accessible to everyone; one that's also empowered with more of the nitty gritty features that have been requested. Naturally we're looking into Steamworks as well, but we aren't going to go balls deep into just one solution and leave anyone not using said solution in our ball dust. You know what I mean.
Ulibarri

I agree. More tutorials would be amazing. It's kind of confusing getting into modding without resources for a lot of us I bet.