How to import stories and characters?

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
CSCNoobie

How to import stories and characters?

Hi, I've been messing around with the CSC and kind of got the hang out things and made a few scenarios. I was wondering though, I wanted to learn more by seeing how other custom stories were made, but when I try to import the character or story files from the folder it doesn't work, I noticed in the CSC folder that the characters and stories are prefab files, is there a way for me to convert the .story and .character files to prefab? So I can edit some things, or simply look at how things were programmed? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
eekdon

Re: How to import stories and characters?

What version of the CSC are you using? With 0.6.1 you should be able to load the starting scene (I believe it says CLICK ME FIRST), then individually import over the Original Story and individual Character files via the import button that's built into the CSC. Can you clarify what "it does not work" means?
sarkapub

Hi

Import story work fine, but import character story don't work
ttant

What the csc console display when you import a character file that "doesn't work" ?
sarkapub

Import Story
- I select the prefab Story
- I click on Import Story
- The finder opens and I can select the .story file

Imort Character:
- I select the prefab of one of the characters
- I click on Import Story
- The finder opens and I can not select a .character file. They are gray and therefore inaccessible