No "scenes"/"DialogueDemo" in HP CSC

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
bird426

No "scenes"/"DialogueDemo" in HP CSC

I followed the instructions, DL'd and installed Unity, and DL'd HPCSC 0.6.1. BUT when I open unity and get to the "project" tab for HPCSC, there is no "scenes" folder, and no "DialogueDemo" scene. Please help me.
Last edited by bird426 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djfunnyre

Re: No "scenes"/"DialogueDemo" in HP CSC

If you are talking about the old tutorial vid showing a scene demo, that no longer exists (to my knowledge)

The csc still works the same way, you’ll want to use unity to open the csc, then double click the thing it says to double click first, then select a characters story file and you can begin editing, testing however has to be done through the game and the preview is no longer available in the csc itself, hope this helps
bird426

The thing it says to double click on first, is the thing thats missing :(
renck28

I've been trying to figure it out also, with the new Unity. I think I found the new way to get everything to show up, but after getting to "dialogue" it looks like things are more complicated mapping out quests and stuff. I just found how to access it but haven't had time to poke around. I wanted to show what I did to get to where I am. I'm a new forum user here so I hope it lets me attach some screen shots.

Just unzip it, like a virtual dress...

Oh no's! No story creator file!

That's because it's under assets... because them girls got lots of them.
Just double-click this monkey below where is says to. You don't need to go into Unity and import like in the old video.

This is how the tutorial shows to set up Unity (With the projects folder on the right)
If you're a knucklehead like me, you didn't see "dialogue" anywhere in that asset tree and nothing happens when you try to open a story.

Old layout

Move the projects tab to the bottom. Drag and drop it. Bada-Boom... Big bada-boom.
New layout, BAM. Sprinkle some salt on that shit... and go find Leeloo for your reward.

Okay, now click on a story and you'll see the dialogue pop up in the right "Inspector" tab.
I know right, fucking Hogwarts magic. If I didn't skip year one, I would have realized this long time ago.
You could have just tabbed over after selecting a story, but find it easier to keep track of what I'm doing if I can see both tabs. It's like asking if I want to look at just one boob or two.

You can now expand the dialogue tab and you see that shit gets complicated.

Yeah, doesn't look at simple as the old tutorial. I haven't had time to dive into it all. I just found out how to access it and wanted to share with others. You'll probably have to look at the old tutorial step by step and see which steps still relate and also figure out how to replicate the steps that are no longer the same. Hopefully someone with Unity experience will eventually put together another video. But this should at least get most of us on the right track to begin figuring it out ourselves as long as you understand the basic concept of if then or equals to type of script/event calling. No real programming needed, just need to figure out what each variable does.

Even if this didn't help you, hope you at least laughed.