Help with specific items (keychain/phone)

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Danlancelot

Help with specific items (keychain/phone)

Just started messing around with the CSC and mostly got the hang of it. But I ran into a bit of trouble with a some items; Patrick's "keychain" and Madison's phone.

How do I get the cockring to appear in game, on Patrick's body, and be interactable? I see options for enabling it and aligning it but none seem to be working (or I need to do something else first).

Also having issues getting Madison's phone to work. "setenabled: true" just makes a big blank phone appear in middle of the screen. Any item functions like "ShowLockScreen" or "PhotosSelected", which I tied to individual item interactions in radial menu just to test, do nothing (except show messages like 'Jackpot!' at side of screen). What am I misunderstanding about how Madison's phone and the interactive screen operates?

And if there are any other items with very unique options/interactions to be aware of (like the phone), I would appreciate the heads up. Thanks.
Last edited by Danlancelot on Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eekdon

Re: Help with specific items (keychain/phone)

Without getting into too much detail too soon, did the implementation of some of these things in the Original Story not help? What exactly are you doing with each of these in the CSC, in terms of events?
Danlancelot

Thanks for responding. I'm not doing anything that different than base game at the minute, I was mostly just struggling to get them working at all. I managed to figure out Patrick's issue; basically I hadn't left any delays so I suspect when the game started it was trying to align the item as it was being enabled at the exact same time to a character that had just popped into existence and wasn't liking that. My bad.

But I really cannot get the basic stuff for Madison's phone to work. I've dug through the original story and found the dialogue where diary is given to Ashley and seen relevant values like "gotPhoneCode" being changed. And I can see on the item in the Story script that it triggers different events for things like Voicemail, Contacts and so on. I see an "Inspect" for if the phone is not in inventory and you have the code, but nothing that triggers when it is in inventory so the home screen shows up.

Also, while I have you, is item mount limited to only hands/head/neck in CSC? I was trying to get player to have their dick in the toaster and I could mount to pelvis from command line in game, but no option in CSC. Thanks again.
eekdon

Danlancelot wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:14 pm Thanks for responding. I'm not doing anything that different than base game at the minute, I was mostly just struggling to get them working at all. I managed to figure out Patrick's issue; basically I hadn't left any delays so I suspect when the game started it was trying to align the item as it was being enabled at the exact same time to a character that had just popped into existence and wasn't liking that. My bad.

But I really cannot get the basic stuff for Madison's phone to work. I've dug through the original story and found the dialogue where diary is given to Ashley and seen relevant values like "gotPhoneCode" being changed. And I can see on the item in the Story script that it triggers different events for things like Voicemail, Contacts and so on. I see an "Inspect" for if the phone is not in inventory and you have the code, but nothing that triggers when it is in inventory so the home screen shows up.

Also, while I have you, is item mount limited to only hands/head/neck in CSC? I was trying to get player to have their dick in the toaster and I could mount to pelvis from command line in game, but no option in CSC. Thanks again.
Sorry, busy week! I'll have to get back to you when I'm not on mobile.
eekdon

Madison's phone behavior is still hard-coded, after all this time :D So any time it is inspected it will check to see if Madison's phone is inventoried OR held in the Player's hand, then check to make sure that the Player value "madison:GotPhoneCode" is == 1. If these conditions are met, the home screen will open, and THEN the scripted Inspect actions that you've got in the story will also fire, if their criteria are met. If "madison:GotPhoneCode" != 1, then the lock screen will appear.

Yes, for now those are the mountable body parts.