Making a story

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
Batman2501

Making a story

Hi. I have thought up a story I would love to implement into the game.
It is a photographer story, were you could do quests to give each girl an item or dialogue options to get them to model for the player like Madison does. With out blackmail.
I have got Unity and the house party creator download, but the only tutorial I can find looks nothing like either of these two things, and i cannot work my way around it at all.
I look at unity and my eyes just cross. If anyone could point me in the direction of a tutorial to get to grips with the basics I would be very appreciative.
Sorry if this is to broad in a request.
redwings16

Re: Making a story

I belive they are working on a tutorial which I myself am waiting for I've tried dabbling but no luck yet
Batman2501

I am hoping it is soon. I have gotten my head around the conversation archs, Kind of, but I can't get the quests to work properly or tie items with events and quests.
Erock

How I learned was I looked at how they did it and copied their formula. I've been debating on making a tutorial video myself.
Sindman

Hey all,

Think this may be the best place to start. As most here I'm trying to make my own story. Amy's Sorority... Trying to take some of the stuff from House Party and make it continue in the next.

1. Is there a way to get Frank - knocked out and stay Knocked out. Planning on give him a YUM Chokolad bar - one of Ashleys special on. And get him to pass out and not return but stay on the spot.

2. I want the Camera (Functional), joint and Weed to be in my inventory.

3. And is the best way to clear all Story and Char before I start creating... The best way of setting up the game as there is a lot of preset Game starts setting I would hate to create over.

4. Is there a way to get the laptop in the study upstairs to work with eg. USB and Camera with Photo's - I have to make a deal with Vickey :D

5. A the moment I'm working on Amy's Stroy as she the one having the party - my response is the best way to have them as Global and not direct und her responce/reply?
ttant

1. I think there is, but i'm not sure. Check the delay variable when setting knocked out flag.

2. I think that may be possible, by tweking the gamestart part of the story to force all required item to be taken by player at game start. For fixing the camera, i guess there is a flag to change. The answer of ths last point may be found in original story file, in the use with part of the SD card with the camera.

3. I think it's best if you want to create something completely independent of the original game.
You may kept the character customization by importing altered original story files. For that, just delete everything which is written in Dialogues, GlobalGoodbyeResponses, GlobalResponses, Quests, Reactions & StoryItems. but again, i didn't test that.

4.If you create the expected "use with", i guess it should work

5. depend of the context. In my pov:
Global response is best for discussion introduction.
Global goodbye response are best for generic discussion end
Response are best for the other case

Sorry for the lack of precise info ;)
Sindman

Hmm another Q... Probably a bit dumb - but hey I'm not a game creator/programmer in RL

1. It is not possible to add or use other items than the once that are listed as: "Ashley's top", "Ashley's panties" etc....

or give/change clothes on the girls. Eg can I somehow create items/clothes myself. And add to the story?

2. and the only way to edit the girls are the slides with "personalities"... Can't I create a new person?
ttant

1. No, because if they are nit listed, they simply don't exist. You can only reuse existing items.
Ie: in date with britney, one of the natty lite was "recycled" in motor oil.

There is already a request for changing the texture/display of certains items. But so far (from my knowledge), this is not yet implemented in CSC (items or clothes).

2. Like items in game, character must exists for engine to use "it".
So you can remove characters, but that's it.
Ie: in Vickie valentine date, lots of "original story" character are missing.

Two new commands were added in 0.9x branch to alter the character: bodypart and changesize.
From what i know, they are the only existing way to alter existing character. And both functions are not present in CSC, only in game (using the console)
Seventy9

You can change the name of the girls, but the models in game and objects in Unity will still be original. I tested this myself by renaming Amy, loading the game, and she was called something else when I looked at her. But you'll have to remember each original name and each new name for everything you do, like an event will use the original name, despite you renaming her.
Sindman

Thank you for your reply. Could be cool to create my own chars... to get a unique story. But guess that could come later.

Do you know if they plan to make "workshop items" for eg steam? And yes I know some out there would create some really crazy and odd stuff. But a new location, more interactive items would be nice...