Removing items from the house

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
dev_n

Removing items from the house

Hey-

Just getting started with CSC. I've started a new story from scratch, and set up the player interactions with the doors and seats, but one thing is eluding me so far as I try to set up the house...

Right now all of the items in the house are already spawned, ie Lety's handbag is on the floor, beer bottles in various locations, and Ashley's snake is all over the house. I'm not going to be using most of these items and would like to remove them, or ideally prevent them from spawning in the first place, just no idea how.

I haven't set up any interactions with these items, and looking at other custom stories I can't see what they did to prevent certain items from showing up. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.
chimneyfish

Re: Removing items from the house

Pick a character and set up an event when the game starts, with the condition IsNewGame. Then add Item: SetEnabled: False events for each of the things you don't want to spawn.
dev_n

Aha!

Awesome, thanks!
Rafaelhentay

how to remove the puddle of oil?
I'm using version 0.16.5 but the game is in version 0.17.3
while we still don’t have the story builder’s version at 0.17.3
ttant

I think you can do it using csc 0.16.x as this version doesn't know that item.
You will have to add the requested line by hand, but this might break compatibility with 0.16.x game version.

Anyhow, csc 0.17 should be available soon.