Are those UUIDs required to be unique?

General discussion of the House Party CSC, or get help making your own story.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.
PeterSunday

Re: Are those UUIDs required to be unique?

peter980 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:52 pm
PeterSunday wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:39 pm Do you know if the 2 guys can strip the clothes at all and do have intimate actions?
No to both. I mean "technically" first one is yes, but with no visual difference. While for second, what is available is make out intimacy only.
Ok thank you peter.

So the 2 new guys are just party pooper clowns or something. Dissapointing. Had been perfect to counter the women - men impalance.

About the technical UUID question.. not sure about what you said/asked but like I say I worte a quick C# program reading in the source character file, in my case that was Derek, extracting the Event Block (it's some sort of jason format), replacing all the derek name with Arin or Dan and replacing all the read In UUIDs with new ones all done in that Event Block only.
Step2: Reading in the target character file (Arin, Dan), replacing the event block with the new modified from derek and write out the whole thing again overwriting the old file.

Since I am skilled in C# this is faster to do for me than any sort of manual edition and way faster than with the story creator.

But thank you so I know it was not because my repalced UUIDs it's simple not in the game. A bit a boomer since it was still a work and I had everying completly ready only to discover all the effort was for nothing.

p.s. reading your post again.. I see you mean instead inserting new UUIDs leave them emty and check if the import inserts new UUIDs. Could be who knows.
chimneyfish

peter980 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:50 pm I would add one thing.

If you use event triggers and then use events that can enable/disable triggers, then UUIDs are really important, since in saved games, if event is enabled or not is tracked by its UUID.

Additionally, if you use new Criteria Groups, those are also tracked by UUID, just like quests.
Thanks Peter, this is good to know.
eekdon

Tasty technical morsels!
peter980

Regarding all this, one feature I still miss is "templating" events.

For example, having set of actions, which only differed in character used for one of the parameters, or in items used.

Without this, there is still a lot of copy/paste jobs in stories.

Even in the original story, for items such as Natty Lites, or reaction to drinking near Frank, you have a lot of copy/pasted code.

On the other hand, Criteria Groups are awesome, since you can now have sections of multiple criteria replaced by one, which is great when you need to reuse it.