[Complete Story] Random Party [1.3.0]

Discuss and share Custom Stories made for House Party using our CSC tool.
Forum rules
Please follow all Eek! Forum rules.

Rules and Announcements for this subforum and the sharing of Custom Stories can be found here.

To upload your story to the CSU (Custom Story Uploader) so that users can download your story in-game, visit this link: https://csu.eekllc.com/
wrathofdoom

Re: [Complete Story] Random Party [1.2.2.1]

In beta 3 it seems that some of the cheat settings are not working when using the menu outside the front door.
Most of the "An Easier Story" selections do not work.
Make them all like any kind of booze...: Mostly works, but in some scenerios some of the girls do not accept alcohol.
Spadge

wrathofdoom wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:03 pm In beta 3 it seems that some of the cheat settings are not working when using the menu outside the front door.
Make them all like any kind of booze...: Mostly works, but in some scenerios some of the girls do not accept alcohol.
It also marks them as set so doesn't allow you to set them again.

I was wondering if the personalities aren't set until you enter the house, so any changes you make to them in the cheat menu are overwritten when you enter.

This mod is mostly how I play HP, so thanks for the work on Beta3 - I'm loving it!
chimneyfish

wrathofdoom wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:03 pm In beta 3 it seems that some of the cheat settings are not working when using the menu outside the front door.
Spadge wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:08 am I was wondering if the personalities aren't set until you enter the house, so any changes you make to them in the cheat menu are overwritten when you enter.
Yeah, the personalities don't get set until you enter the house, so the "Easier Story" settings get overwritten. Thanks for pointing this out.

The solution for now is to wait until you're inside to use those particular settings. I'll add a fix in the next version.
Shatteredhelix

I think I've found an issue with the handbag not showing up in Beta 3? I've been all over the house three or four times, looked in all of the places, crawled around in the bushes, it's nowhere to be seen. Consulted the tablet for a hint to make sure, even though it's second nature by now, but it's nowhere to be seen. I'm running the "Angry Lesbian Party" scenario and it's just not there. Everything else is showing up like it's supposed to as far as I can tell.
chimneyfish

Shatteredhelix wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:43 pm I think I've found an issue with the handbag not showing up in Beta 3? I've been all over the house three or four times, looked in all of the places, crawled around in the bushes, it's nowhere to be seen. Consulted the tablet for a hint to make sure, even though it's second nature by now, but it's nowhere to be seen. I'm running the "Angry Lesbian Party" scenario and it's just not there. Everything else is showing up like it's supposed to as far as I can tell.
Hmm. That's a tricky one to track down, because there's no permanent variable to tell me where it should be. Got a save game I can look at?
chimneyfish

Random Party 1.3.0.beta4 is here.

Beta4 adds clothing randomization. You can still use the customizer (and it's more fun if you do). You can customize settings in the "modify character" group (skin, hair, makeup, etc.) all you want. Similarly, you can customize clothing colors and patterns as you desire. However, your selections for clothing items are likely to be overridden by random number generation.
chimneyfish

Right now, I'm including the Christmas sweaters in the randomization of clothing. If you find this distracting, try out these customization presets. Instructions:
  • Unzip the file into your Documents\Eek\House Party\ folder
  • Select the GENERICSWEATERS group preset in the customizer
  • Play Random Party
Attachments
Customization Generic Sweaters.zip
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
peter980

chimneyfish wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:05 pm Right now, I'm including the Christmas sweaters in the randomization of clothing. If you find this distracting, try out these customization presets. Instructions:
  • Unzip the file into your Documents\Eek\House Party\ folder
  • Select the GENERICSWEATERS group preset in the customizer
  • Play Random Party
As an idea, you can also try checking if Winter DLC is enabled and only in that case include sweaters in randomization.
chimneyfish

peter980 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:21 pm [As an idea, you can also try checking if Winter DLC is enabled and only in that case include sweaters in randomization.
Yeah, but that limits the randomization options for several characters (Amy, Leah, Madison, Vickie) when it's not "Christmas Time." The sweaters look like regular clothes when they are recolored to remove the holiday theme. If people find it too annoying and can't deal with using the customizer preset, I might add a setting to let them exclude the sweaters.
grayfox127

Is it possible for instead of the clothing being totally randomized that it randomizes from our own saved presets? If not, is it possible to have an updated version that doesn't randomize the clothing as well? Like two different versions of the same story, one that randomizes the clothing and one that doesn't.

I almost exclusively load up this story every time I play the game but I also put in a bit of effort into creating a myriad of clothing presets. Not having the ability to play with my presets is a bit of a bummer.