[Complete Story] Way Sluttier Party [0.7.3]

Here you can post and share any custom stories you have written with the House Party Custom Story Creator Tool.

Moderators: erasmus, ttant

panzer.tc

Re: [Complete Story] Way Sluttier Party [0.7.3]

Postby panzer.tc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:44 pm

I asked because I tried to give it to Ashley, and she asked me for something to light it.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 pm

To light the joint for Ashley take it to the fire pit.. Click on the fire pit and select
the USE WITH command and choose the joint.. It will be returned to your inventory
as a "Lit Joint". Then you can give it to Ashley and make her very happy.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:09 pm

mada7 wrote:The way of dealing with unwanted characters in this is a lot easier. They have a location called the loading dock where I can send anyone I don't plan on using in the list of locations. The problem with 0.7.3 was the location list only included places in the house.

What's harder here is that there's a lot more interactivity between the characters so I can't exclusively work on one or two characters at a time and need to hop between characters while working on a single story.

I will start using the "Loading Dock" to do this since I checked the fine print when the command reports Completed Successfully because
it says I put them in a desk drawer... Weird since when I used it on myself I actually ended up in front of the house looking back at the
same front porch, windows, and garage as seen in the loading screen behind Brittney.

SO.. The command would be? Warpto (character name) loading dock or warpto (character name) loadingdock to get the three invisible
men out of the way?

mada7

Postby mada7 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:47 pm

LLLeon2017 wrote:
mada7 wrote:The way of dealing with unwanted characters in this is a lot easier. They have a location called the loading dock where I can send anyone I don't plan on using in the list of locations. The problem with 0.7.3 was the location list only included places in the house.

What's harder here is that there's a lot more interactivity between the characters so I can't exclusively work on one or two characters at a time and need to hop between characters while working on a single story.

I will start using the "Loading Dock" to do this since I checked the fine print when the command reports Completed Successfully because
it says I put them in a desk drawer... Weird since when I used it on myself I actually ended up in front of the house looking back at the
same front porch, windows, and garage as seen in the loading screen behind Brittney.

SO.. The command would be? Warpto (character name) loading dock or warpto (character name) loadingdock to get the three invisible
men out of the way?

Pretty sure it would be LoadingDock based on what I am seeing in the story creator.

LLLeon2017

Postby LLLeon2017 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 pm

That's what I was actually expecting with the way other commands are formated too.

In any case.... We shall see.. Won't we??? :lol:

I am going to run the gauntlet right now by trying it out under all three of the game
versions I have running since I keep the previous game version set up in a seperate
folder to let me play custom stories that aren't compatible with all original versions.

These developers thought things out very nicely by setting up the game so we can do
this.. Especially the way STEAM tends to screw up game files with their client update
process.. They are quite fond of shoving unvetted beta client updates on us and some
of them have REALLY screwed up games.. Perfect example.. Deep Black Reloaded.. A
beta client update removed 3 game files from the game which made NO sense and by
doing this it totally broke the game. So badly that every time someone found a fix for
it, including replacement OEM files FROM the developer of the game no less, STEAM
(AKA: Valve) even went as far as charging gamers trying to help fix their screw up
with piracy and condoning cracking game files... Blocking those players from posting
on the forums as well. And to date, 3 years later, they STILL have not taken steps to
correct THEIR mistake. And DBR is not the only game to see such corruption from a
"CLIENT" update either.. A Client update killed my Call of Duty MW 3 game and even
deleted my complete first play through save game from MY documents folder! Now..
Since when is a client service of ANY kind supposed to have that kind of access to a
user's computer??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :x

SORRY everyone!! I got up on my soap box and started raving again.. My appologies!
I don't like to do that.. I hate "Haters".... And when I do this I become what I hate..

Please forgive me?? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Plague

Postby Plague » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 am

Hey everyone, I downloaded this story last night and it worked great! But now today I go to play an have literally ZERO audio. Not even the ambient noises every now and again, when talking to one of the girls the mouth moves but I do not here their voice. Am I missing something?

mada7

Postby mada7 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:36 am

Plague wrote:Hey everyone, I downloaded this story last night and it worked great! But now today I go to play an have literally ZERO audio. Not even the ambient noises every now and again, when talking to one of the girls the mouth moves but I do not here their voice. Am I missing something?

The voice acting not being there is normal for all custom stories. The music, I don't know if this is a new feature or not, is dependent on your distance from the speakers. Nothing I did should be causing audio problems

joethebeast

Postby joethebeast » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Does it work with 8.3?

mada7

Postby mada7 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:25 pm

joethebeast wrote:Does it work with 8.3?

For the most part it should. Certain features to the game that were added after 0.7.3 like the liquor cabinet won't have openable doors and the broom might not be interactable but the relevant parts to the story should all function basically as needed with workaround mentioned in the initial post for the alcohol and phones.

I haven't tested it out though as I have been mostly working on the new version of the story for the updated story creator which is almost done

ponyboy69

Postby ponyboy69 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:43 am

AstralBlader wrote:
KobeBryantAtparty wrote:same here can't open cabinet

like mada7 said, while answering my minor bug list:
mada7 wrote:Answers in bold

AstralBlader wrote:Kathrine:
-Can't interact with cabinet to get empty vodka bottle for the quest Kathrine "D"-Mands (caused by version 0.7.7). -> Either add vodka to the Chandory bottle or make cabinet work manually**
-Kathrine tells to bring her some water but you can insted sex her via interact menu.
You don't need the water bottle for katherine Ill change the dialogue accordingly. I went this way to avoid bogging down the inventory

How do i add the bottle with the item command i cant figure it out and this dumbass over here drank it on mistake

Return to “House Party Custom Story Showcase”